Newest Godet EK I Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
    What do you use for light to take those shots a candle?
    Hi Juoneen,

I see you are critiquing our members' photographic skills yet again. Thank you so much for
    your excellent advice. I took the liberty of searching for some of your own photographs to see
    what you mean.

May I ask you... did you use your "thrift-shop halogen technique" to get this shot? Or was this
    another, more professional setup?

Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by aff96 View Post
      Thanks guys!
      Personally, I love everything about Godet EK's
      Greg
      !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5tefan View Post
        I see only a Zimmermann.
        Why ?? what do you think about this 2nd class ? just seen another one packeted (with Godet as manufacturer) but never seen a 2nd class marked with an original 20 or a packet marked C.F.Zimmermann. If there are examples I would like to see it please.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
          Why ?? what do you think about this 2nd class ? just seen another one packeted (with Godet as manufacturer) but never seen a 2nd class marked with an original 20 or a packet marked C.F.Zimmermann. If there are examples I would like to see it please.
          I agree with you Fabri. I have seen examples identical to the cross Greg has posted in this thread in Godet cartons, Godet-style cases, and marked L/50 for Godet. I have seen the EK2 versions, like Fabri shows, in Godet Packets. I have never seen one -- not one -- marked L/52 or 20 for Zimmermann. Also, this exact style cross (same frame and core) is seen in a one-sided version on the lid of the case for the (unawarded) Grand Star of the Iron Cross, which is also presumed to have been made by Godet (see p. 465 The Iron Time, 2nd Ed.)

I know there is a deep debate about Zimmermann vs. Godet, and Zimmermann may indeed have assembled Godet crosses - I have no idea. We have a lot to learn on the subject. But based on what we know right now, whoever assembled this cross (and there is plenty of evidence to suggest it was Godet), the cross is in my firm opinion a Godet.

By the way, Fabri -- that is a lovely Godet EK2.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Nice cross. One thing I have noticed though. Many of the Godet EKs from 1914 I see have very nice well preserved paint. Many of the 1939 Godets marked L/50 have rough paint. Not as bad as the 107s but not as mint as thier 1914 counterparts. I have an L/50 pinback and screwback and neither have mint paint.

Comment

Steve, good eye! This was just brought to my attention & there is conversation going on as I type as to the paint. Sadly the conclusion is being drawn that there is a chance of a touch up having been done.
              In all likelihood, this baby maybe returned!
              Greg

Comment

You will have to decide -Greg - if it is a modern repaint . Periode paint touch up was done . That was the best one of the 3 . ... one of the others might still be availble .
                My guess or take on yours is ... it is a Zimmermann made piece supplied for/to Godet . Going by the high grove count anchor shoulders which one finds on both - Godet and Zimmermann EK1s . There is also a slightly different pin set - low grove count and different anchor shoulders - that I have only found on the low bead count Godet frame . The reason I showed the 2 anchor profiles a few weeks back . The discussion favored 'out-sourcing' of pin sets (2 possible suppliers) . Identical high bead count EK1 crosses marked with L/50 and L/52 indicates some kind of ' co-operative ' venture .

Douglas

Comment

Thanks Douglas,
                  I was following the other thread closely.
                  Looks like I will return it as I have another just like it & another (a bit different) arriving soon. I just don't like re-paints, whether period or modern because really w/o testing the paint there's just too big of a question mark for me.
                  I'll post the next one when she arrives.
                  Thanks again!
                  Greg

Comment

Can somebody tell me how can you distinguish unmarked Zimmermann and the Godet?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
                      Nice cross. One thing I have noticed though. Many of the Godet EKs from 1914 I see have very nice well preserved paint. Many of the 1939 Godets marked L/50 have rough paint. Not as bad as the 107s but not as mint as thier 1914 counterparts. I have an L/50 pinback and screwback and neither have mint paint.
                      Hello Steve
                      I can not totally agree with your thoght.
                      Cross I have showed in post # 6 here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=456343&page=2 is mint.
                      The cross I showed in this page (post # 18) is not mint but IMO shows a great care by the manufacturer. Maybe I 'm wrong but seems they used a paint too delicate for the use which they were aimed.
                      Another thing: the early has 2 "hands" of paint, the 2nd is shining nd very nice.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X