Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuz 1939

Hi,

Does anyone have an opinion on the oakleaves?

https://www.weitze.net/detail/29/Eic...9__133029.html

Muchas Gracias,

S

Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuz 1939

At the Oaks with the flaw in the number “9” I always have serious doubts.

A few of these marked Oaks have been offered in the trade and on military auctions in Germany till now. I had, however, the opportunity only one of these Oaks to examine this personally.
    I know the other Oaks only from the photos. Which one I had examined was a fake.

Enclosed are photos of a similar marked Godet L/50 Oaks which one has been proven by Detlev Niemann as a modern fake last year.

Andy
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Andy. I am assured by Weitze that they are absolutely perfect

Comment

I have a close-up picture showing an original and a fake EL.

The one you are referring to; I would leave it. There is a doubt on it's authenticy so too big a gamble imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          Thanks, Andy. I am assured by Weitze that they are absolutely perfect
          none dealer is perfect.. since it is their job and everyone need money

Comment

But what is wrong with these Oakleaves from Weitze?

regards, Ron.

Comment

As detailed in Andy's post below, the flaw in the number 9 (making it look more like an 8) is what some believe makes the Weitze piece questionable. It is, however, guaranteed for life by Weitze, so a purchase followed by an inspection by someone like Dietrich M. might be an option...

Originally posted by RonE1964 View Post
              But what is wrong with these Oakleaves from Weitze?

regards, Ron.

Comment

The firm of Godet have used 2 "900" stamps, one with the flaw and one with a better 9 but both can find in the book of D. Maerz and I think this one from Weitze is a good one. There are very good copies of the Oaks with the flaw stamp but also with the better 900 stamp.

Regards, Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by RonE1964 View Post
                  The firm of Godet have used 2 "900" stamps, one with the flaw and one with a better 9 but both can find in the book of D. Maerz and I think this one from Weitze is a good one. There are very good copies of the Oaks with the flaw stamp but also with the better 900 stamp.

Regards, Ron.
                  Hello Ron:

I have also the book The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross by Dietrich Maerz, but did not see there a photo of an Oakleaves or an O&S set with the flaw in the “9”.

Andy

Comment

Hello Andy,

you can see the flaw in Dietrichs book on the Swords set on page 279 and on the Sword set on page 281. You can also see flaws on the Oaks in the book of Previtera on page 323.

Regards, Ron.

Comment

Andy,

you can see also a Oakleave with the flaw on the auction number 37. by Auktionhaus Andreas Thies but when you look around you will found exact the same pieces from the same die without the flaw and with the flaw in the 9 so you can not say that pieces with the flaw are reproductions then the other pieces are then reproductions too.

Regards, Ron.

Comment

Hello Ron,

I have seen the photos on page 279 and 281, but from point of view the hallmark on page 281 has definitely not the flaw.
                        With the hallmark on page 279 I am not sure whether it has a flaw or not. Only Dietrich the author of the book can confirm this fact.

I also know the Oakleave with the flaw on Andreas Thies auction no. 37. As I have written in my post above, I saw several
                        Oakleaves with the flaw on the market or at auction houses, but I did not say that all Oakleaves (or O&S) with the flaw in the “9” are
                        fakes. In this point I have to correct you. I only wrote that I have serious doubts. This in an important difference to your remark.

Andy

Comment

Hello Andy,

thank you for your explain then I thought that you mean that all pieces with the flaw are not original, sorry that I did not understand what you mean exactly but what you say is right, there are originals with flaw but also reproductions but there are also reproductions with the normal 9. The piece on page 281 has also a flaw then I know this piece from better pictures and then you can see the flaw better.

Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X