Spanish Cross for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mm

frank, you did well in adding that to your collection always seen and liked these but boy,are the costly!! nice job on that with case!!!

Comment

The Spanienkreuz in gold came in a maroon case (see here for example http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ead.php?t=5016).

Based on what I've seen of both LDO and award cases, I believe the green cases were for the bronze grade with or without swords and the blue cases were for the silver grade with or without swords.

Comment

I believe this is true, although perhaps not universally followed in practice.

Comment

The Spanienkreuz in gold came in a maroon case (see here for example http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ead.php?t=5016).
          Interesting but not sure what this has to do with this thread.

Seems there is a bit of confusion on these cases. I have looked at quite a few threads on this subject.
          So the SC is good and so is the case. Maybe they didn't start their lives together, maybe they did..... It seems that I'm getting it for a decent price either way.
          Thanks guys.
          Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,nice SCross very good condition,i also so far have seen only blue cases for silver grades.

Comment

I believe this is true, although perhaps not universally followed in practice.
              I tend to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by fdodge View Post

Seems there is a bit of confusion on these cases. I have looked at quite a few threads on this subject.
                So the SC is good and so is the case. Maybe they didn't start their lives together, maybe they did..... It seems that I'm getting it for a decent price either way.
                Thanks guys.
                Frank
                A fantastic price

Comment

Originally posted by fdodge View Post

Thanks guys.
                  Frank
                  I was just pointing out that this is not the correct case for the cross - there is no confusion: the case for the gold grade was maroon, not green. Some people might think that's important.

Comment

there is no confusion: the case for the gold grade was maroon, not green. Some people might think that's important.
                    I have a silver Spanish Cross here.......
                    Sorry, I thought it was obvious.
                    Frank

Comment

This is only partially correct. When describing SC cases for the silver and gold grades, it depends on whether the piece was an early, issued one in solid silver, or an LDO piece. For LDO pieces like the '4' marked SC here, the correct case would be a green one and the same applies to LDO gold SC's.

The blue case is for the solid silver presentation SC's, and the maroon is for the presentation gold SC in solid silver.

That was a good buy if the case was legit.

Originally posted by James Clark View Post
                      I was just pointing out that this is not the correct case for the cross - there is no confusion: the case for the gold grade was maroon, not green. Some people might think that's important.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X