Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original EK1 L/14 Spange?

Hello Everybody:

I do not see this spange listed as a maker, and we know that L/14 is associated with fakes as a maker on wound badges and perhaps other items, however I did a forum search and there are some real IAB's and a good looking wound badge with the same reverse setup as this example. Please see the link-

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=l%2F14 (Post 8)

This piece has legitimate aging, lifting and is made of zinc.

What are the opinions on this example? All are welcome pro and con.

Thanks,

John
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The maker mark had some sticky residue from an old label...I just cleaned it up...here is a better shot, best, J
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi John

Lots of controversy surrounding the L/14 mark, I think it's still undecided?

For me, I personally don't like this spange (sorry), the finish looks funny, looks like it's been acid washed or something and I'm not keen on the pin setup. The L/14 stamp doesn't look right either and if you look at the reverse, the wreath is uneven where it joins the date box, amongst other things..

I will say it's bad based on what I see. Let's see what the hardcore boys have to say.

Chris

Comment

Here's a link to some old L/14 discussions ..

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...archid=4898360

Comment

Never seen one before but based on those pictures I like it a lot

Comment

that spange is INSANE!

I'm one of those who have severe doubts about anything L/14. I was the one who put the L/14 2nd class spange in it's grave. It was the same as the L/12 repro spange...
                      THIS spange seems to be an L/11 spange, with a few minute differences, AND a totally different reverse setup...
                      Looks good as a zincer, but the mm puts me off big time
                      If they hadn't have put that mm on it, I would have said it was a good L/11 (without my glasses)

I have to say I think it's bad
                      and it make me think that pin on other L/14 badges, may also mean a bad badge
                      interesting indeed
                      regards
                      jon

Comment

one other interesting detail, is the numerals are super crisp

Comment

At first I thought definitely bad, after studying the head detail I thought maybe good. It does have some good characteristics BUT combined with a couple of doubts and the L/14 mark it would put me off buying this Spange.

By the way John, If I haven't said it lately, I appreciate the fact that you always post items that you're unsure of on the forums before listing them on your site. A big thank you for that.

Chris

Comment

The Orth Link -

Thank you Chris, Patrick and Jon for your comments.

Chris I do indeed like researching examples that I have not come across.

I believe that I am in the minority here as I believe that this is an authentic spange as I just noticed something linking the reverse fittings to Orth while taking some photos that I had overlooked earlier...for some reason the hinge reminded me of zinc FLL pilot badges but the catch was wrong, however here we have the reverse again on an Orth piece.

Kindest Regards,

John
                            Attached Files

Comment

Front-
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X