EK 1 with # 1 on pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 with # 1 on pin

Please could you help me with a question. I have an EK 1 in my collection for some time,sorry no pictures,with a number 1 stamped on the pin. Could it be possible the recipent would have had several and numbered them? The cross has nice detail and has a long,heavy pointed coke bottle style pin.
    Thank You,
    Mark
    “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Mark

This '1' on the pin denotes the manufacturers code.

If it looks the same as this one I'm posting, then you could well have an original piece, if it doesn't then it could be bad news. But without a picture of your EK1 then it's hard to tell.

Regards

Rich
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Comment

Hi,

In this instance, the '1' indicates manufacture by Deschler & Sohn, Munich. For a full list of manufactureres codes, go to:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/reserach_tools/ldo.htm

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Deschler und Sohn is a rare maker, I have only found 2 for sale. Deschler was an authorized Knights Cross maker, also.

Comment

Thank You very much for your replies. The 1 on my cross is the same as the one pictured. The reason I ask is because I could not find,in my ref books,naming Deschler und Sohn as a EK 1 maker.
          Thanks Again for the help !
          Mark
          “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

This firm also produced German Crosses (in Gold and in Silver- I recently got a Deschler & Sohn DKiG from Detlev). I have an L/10 EK I; are these more plentiful than examples marked "1"?
            Zach

Comment

I believe they also used a slightly different "1". Here is a photo.
              Attached Files
              David Tiffin
              "They were the Leathernecks, the old breed of American regular, regarding the service as home and war an occupation!" (John Thomason, Jr. Fix Bayonets)

Comment

EK1 with "1" for Deschler & Sohn, Munich ??

Hello All,

I'm also interested to see an original EK1 with a stamped "1" on the pin for Deschler & Sohn, Munich.. Could someone post some nice pictures of Deschler EK1 ??

Many thanks for taking times to help.

Happy collecting!

Philippe
                www.majorplm.com

Comment

1 marked EK1

Here is a pic of the one I bought from Detlev a few months ago. Hopefully ok with Detlev to post this.

Regards,

Neil
                  Attached Files

Comment

EK1 with "1" for Deschler & Sohn, Munich ??

Hello Neil,

Many thanks for the picture of the EK1 with "1" for Deschler & Sohn, Munich.
                    I was asking this question as I have an unmarked EK1.1939 what I supposed to have been made by Deschler & Sohn.. here are the pics..

Opinions ??

Happy collecting!

Philippe
                    www.majorplm.com

Comment

Hello dear friend Philippe!

I tought your EKI is a 20 (Zimmermann ) maker made, unmarked.

just only my opinion.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I think Philippe's EK1 is a Deschler. Its not a Zimmermann for sure. The shape is wrong and Zimmermann like Godet used a wide but just about parallel pin, not bulged "coke-bottle" like as with Deschler.
                        Deschler are also noteable in that the bulge on the pin is on the lower half, not in the centre and they they have a kind of "flat" look to them.
                        I'd say Philippe's is definitely Deschler.

Comment

Thanks Gordon,

now that I though, you are right, the pin of 20 is parallel......sorry......you're always right!

As we said in Italy : you're a well of knowledge in the crosses!

sincerely

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

EKI "20" for CF Zimmermann, Pforzheim

Hello Gordon and Ivan,

Thanks for your answer. At first I was very surprised by the bulge on the pin on the lower half and by the "flat" look as described by Gordon and I doubted that Deschler made this EKI, I was waiting for a sort of Imperial finish and high quality by this maker, then I search my files and founded one cased 1939 EKI with "1" on the pin with the same pin caracteristic and general shape, but only one to compare (paranoia) was not enough to be sure.

Here a photo just to illustrate an EKI "20" for Zimmermann:

Happy collecting!

Philippe
                            www.majorplm.com

Comment

Deschler used the same distinctive pin, bulged below the centre, on their KVK1 also.

Deschler made some beautiful stuff, but I'm afraid their EK and KVK First Classes were not amongst the most attractive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X