• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice...

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Another very nice cross Douglas !!!

please can you explain to me why you had recognized a my cross as W&L and this one should be a Juncker ? because I see the same back set-up in your cross that in my opinion was not used by W&L. see thread => http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=380475

Comment

Well Fabri ... there are a few things that seperate a Juncker frame from a W&L frame and the same for the pin set . The frame has the 3 flaws which yours you linked to does not . ... but it has the removed W&L chip flaw.. that I had shown in ' The W&L flaw project ' .

Douglas

Comment

Unmarked crosses are usually much cheaper to buy. I have a nice unmarked Junker EK1. It's a real Junker. Never broke the bank. Now, am I willing to pay what they are asking for an L/12 marked example? Not in a million years. But I still have a real Junker.

Comment

Attached Files
              Last edited by Douglas 5; 05-10-2010, 10:10 PM. Reason: Don't take this the wrong way , ... my spelling is bad too . Regards Douglas

Comment

Every time I read the word Junker, I think of one these guys:

When I read Juncker, I think of these:

Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Nice core on that example Trevor,

And, nice photography. I am very partial to the 'teardrop 9' cores. A 2nd pattern...

Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                    Well Fabri ... there are a few things that seperate a Juncker frame from a W&L frame and the same for the pin set . The frame has the 3 flaws which yours you linked to does not . ... but it has the removed W&L chip flaw.. that I had shown in ' The W&L flaw project ' .

Douglas
                    Hi Douglas

thanks for the explanation but I can not agree with all. In my opinion the front side of my cross, frame and core are W&L products as you 've sayd, here we don't desagree, but the back side is a Juncker set-up and the vaulted arms are not a W&L job to me.

@ Steve : your thought is my thought too, I find no good to pay 3 x price of an unmarked ..

Comment

Will go over the different pins sets in a seperate thread in more detail .

Douglas

Comment

"your thought is my thought too, I find no good to pay 3 x price of an unmarked .."

The higher price of marked Juncker crosses is inexplicable to me, since they seem to be readily available everywhere....
                        George

Comment

Nice information on the Junckers EK's

I have really enjoyed this thread, the images and knowledge displayed are both remarkable. Moreover, I have found a piece of mind over a Juncker EKI I bought within the last month. The frame flaws are a good match for the last cross shown, down to the seeming lack of frosting and burnishing of the frame.

Is it common with Juncker EK's for them to be in the "raw?" I also have a Junckers EKII, but it has been frosted and burnished.

Unfortunately, I still do not have a good enough camera to post detailed images of them. Sorry. Perhaps when I can't find any new awards and medals, I will get one (hasn't happened yet!).

Comment

Yes you will find most Juncker EK2s in a more ' bland ' state .... nicely frosted and polished ones however are less common indeed .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X