New Juncker EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Juncker EK1

Thought I'd post this one. Cased Juncker (crunch-bead frame) with a (brass?) non-magnetic core -- same core found in the Juncker/AWS Schinkel.

I'd been after one of these for some time to match my second class:

Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Beautiful Trevor...love the Juncker you know I lust for one
    Congrats!
    Greg

Comment

Trevor,would there be a maker mark on the EK1? Both cross's are Nice!!and a great addition to any colection.Jay

Comment

Thanks guys . Both crosses are unmarked.

I don't care one way or the other for marks, myself. I very often prefer unmarked crosses, as they are generally earlier, and of finer quality, than marked pieces.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Comment

Nice find, Trevor!

Robert

Comment

Excellent piece Trev! It is a beauty.

So this one also matches the EKII Juncker you spotted that I nabbed up, correct? Being non-magnetic with the crunch beading...the frame is so nice the light hit the beading and I couldn't make out the cross hatching or crunch beading.

Anyhow, very nice, as usual bud!

Ryan

Comment

Nice early 3 flaw frame Juncker - Trevor. ... with a nice Juncker pin set , small pin barrol .
              Is the core lose .... ?... as the inside corners are very rounded ... can't see the core moving that much to do that ... probably the inside corners were prepared for another core .
              Interested in the inside case markings ... only if the base incert happens to be lose .

Douglas

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments, fellas.

Douglas, good observation about the frame. The core is very tight -- unmovable. So the inner corners of the frame were filed down on purpose -- I think your guess that it was intended for another core is possibly correct. I've noticed that Juncker's teardrop core swastikas are often too large for the crunch-bead frame:

Perhaps it was prepared for one of these but got a leftover Schinkel core instead?

Ryan, the frame is a traditional crunch-bead frame, with the crunch bead and the cross-hatching. It's just incredibly well worn, and (as Douglas said) filed down. This piece has a ton of character.

Douglas, I don't want to bust out the camera, but the insert in the case is incredibly easy to remove, and the markings are as follows:
                • Stamped on the underside of the insert: 2597 and (D&B), enclosed in an oval.
                • Stamped on the base of the case shell itself: 2520.N (<--but the N is backwards, like a Cyrillic figure) and (D&B), enclosed in an oval.
                • Written in pencil on the base of the case shell: 181.

A well-marked case. If you need photos, I will make them.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

Thanks for the case markings . Interested to see if it was close to the one I have . Close as the pencil mark is 307 ..... one difference only and mine is 2420 on the case base and yours is 2520 ????

As for the filed corners , I do know it was to hold a different core - as advised by the professor/dad . An attempt that was short lived . Yours is one of the left over prepared frames that ended up getting a different core . A medium and slightly smaller core and a W&L core were used mainly . This thin feature design core fits just right in this frame .

Douglas
                  Attached Files

Comment

All interesting information, Douglas, thank you.

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                    Thanks for the case markings . Interested to see if it was close to the one I have . Close as the pencil mark is 307 ..... one difference only and mine is 2420 on the case base and yours is 2520 ????
                    I made an error, and the case marking is indeed 2420. I will photograph it sometime this week for you. It's a nice, early case.

Your cross is awesome. Is is non-magnetic?
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Comment

A lovely Juncker addition Trevor

I would love one in my collection one day

Nick

Comment

A great catch Trevor, it 's very nice.

Comment

This peticular pictured cross has the regular proportioned magnetic core in a 3 flaw Juncker frame . The case it came in ;

Douglas
                          Attached Files

Comment

And it is a realy nicely factory vaulted cross . Note : the inside corner seams are all closed .

Douglas
                            Attached Files

Comment

The small Juncker anchor barrol the pin is attached to - (W&L are larger) .

The realy rare and important feature on the back is the inspection mark !!!

Douglas
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X