Real EK1? Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real EK1? Opinions please

I have a chance to pick this EK1 screwback up but i need some opinions on its authenticity. Sorry i do not have better pictures of it.

They are probably afraid to show you the front of this EK.

I stand corrected there is an obverse.

Still not a clear picture.

I'd bet it's probably a floch.

Wayne

Comment

You need to get some better pictures and if you can't get that, don't buy it. A real sharp photo from the front is perfect.

Comment

It's absolutely, 100% fake.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I agree with trevor! The date is sitting on the frame which is a Floch trait!
          Run Away!
          Kev

Comment

Yes, looks bad. The only good ones with this hardware are Deumer made and this one looks like the Floch with the date sitting low onto the frame. That's the giveaway without seeing a better picture.

Comment

Fake EK1 SB

This particular SB reproduction is multiplying with all the dealers! In the past two months I have encountered nearly ten of these fakes..

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVLRSEASIA View Post
                This particular SB reproduction is multiplying with all the dealers! In the past two months I have encountered nearly ten of these fakes..
                There are way more fakes than real ones out there that's for sure. I think the real ones are under appreciated because they are unique for the 1939 series and aren't easy to find. They don't seem to have the following that round 3s and Shinkels have but are probably less common, and they are a 1st class.

Comment

Looks like the post on the back of the cross is off-center. That's a common trait for many different types of repro badges (like US WW1 Collar Discs). Sureley the original manufacturer, making thousands of the saem badge, would have a precision jig to hold the post precisely centered while it was being soldered.

Comment

If the obverse pic were clear it would probably look like this.
                    Attached Files
                    George

Comment

I managed to obtain more pictures. But from peoples comments i think i might be passing on the sale.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X