Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this an original DKiG mm20 'light' Zimmerman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer your question regarding the cross itself; the back plates on the later versions from this maker were made from cupal alloy. Essentially a cheap, light alloy clad w/ copper on both sides so it would accept a finish better. If you examine your cross from the side you should be able to see the layers. A later war expedient, it also made the badge easier to wear because of its light weight. The earlier 20s are significantly heavier (and nicer) than the example you are looking at because the back plates were struck from nickel-silver. The light 20s are about the most common DKiG.....but that is still a very desirable award in nice shape. I'd be all over that like a hobo on a ham sandwich if I were you....even at the upper end of his range, it is a good deal
    Last edited by Luftm40; 04-24-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

2000 is the lowest imaginable price for this DK nowadays. I bought a light "20" in slightly worse contition for 2300 and thought it was a good buy.

Comment

$1500-2000

$1500-2000 is to high for me... but $1300 wasn't and now I'm the proud owner of that DKiG

It's still a high price for me and effectively ends my collecting for 2010, but the price was right.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to this post.

Comment

Originally posted by leaftree View Post
          $1500-2000 is to high for me... but $1300 wasn't and now I'm the proud owner of that DKiG

It's still a high price for me and effectively ends my collecting for 2010, but the price was right.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to this post.
          Congrats mate, you made a very good deal!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X