EK2 Übergrosse ? opnions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Übergrosse ? opnions please

i just got this not sure if its original but im hoping so. It appears to be bigger than any of my other ek2's opinions please

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi Maurice,

Sorry, but it's a regular Souval EK2 not an übergröße.

The size variation is not unusual, but an übergröße is noticably bigger.
            Here's a picture showing one with a 'regular' size '65' and a schinkel-form one piece.

Regards - Danny

Comment

Souval frame, not an ubergrosse I'm afraid.

Comment

It's definitely not an Ubergrosse, but is that a dipping 3 I see there? (Most obvious in post #3)
                Can you post a straight on, close up of the front date please?
                Last edited by Adrian; 04-02-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Maurice, That is a nice Souval cross You have, A stand out maker for the distinctive frame beading and Swastika.
                  Danny has done a wonderful job in showing You the true size difference between an übergröße and standard cross, with a Schinkel thrown in for good measure! However there are also wideframe crosses that fall in between übergröße crosses and standard frame examples.
                  That is a nice Souval.... and now You could use a souval marked packet to complete the display! These Souval marked packets are common, and a little searching may find You a decent one to match the excellent condition of the cross.

Kevin

Edit, Also distinctive is the un soldered jump ring on the reverse side of the frame.
                  Last edited by WEISNER; 04-02-2010, 08:11 PM. Reason: Jump ring thought.

Comment

Comment

this pic any better my camera is crappy

Comment

This cross is a typical Souval as just sayd, in post # 2 we can see also that on the reverse ring is not soldered

Comment

Thank you for the additional pic, the date is much clearer now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X