X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 & Photo on E-stand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=425802

May or may not be matching cross's?

Contacted the seller on this. He has no proof that it is exact medal in photo. I got extra photos of ribbon, and the pin and button holes do not seem to match the photo ribbon. He bought at a flea market from antique dealer.

Kelly
    Last edited by Kelly w; 03-30-2010, 10:57 PM.

I see your point, but it's kind of a dicey situation, since he never actually says that it's the same cross as the one in the photo. He certainly IMPLIES it, but never actually STATES it.....
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Either way it's an original cross with original picture....

Comment

This why it's worthy of some discussion I think.

For it to be worth 150 Euro $200 US, it has to be the medal and ribbon that matches in photo. Maybe even worth more then to some collectors. Otherwise it's just a WW2 photo and a WW2 medal. Value then 70 - 85 Euro [not mint cross] and 8-10 Euro for the photo aprox.
        Last edited by Kelly w; 03-30-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

In that case I'll get the photo for €10.

Comment

The fold on the rib bon looks to havethe same folds when reversed. Does the cross not look like a W&L though with the hump on the frame leading to the loop? I just woke up so I cant really focus on the area.
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

The cross on the picture sure looks like it has a "hump" for mounting the ring, as seen on a few crosses.
              But the cross that comes with the sale misses this feature.
              So not the same cross imo.

/Flemming

Comment

I'm not quite sure what the discussion is for here. The saying goes: 'buy the piece, not the story'. The cross is not the same as the one being worn in the photo, it is a nice cross and a nice pic but don't buy the story that it's the same cross, there is no provenance to support it. Buy the items for what they are, if the price is too steep make the seller an offer for what you think they are worth or just don't buy them.
                It wouldn't take much to obtain a W&L cross to match to the pic, then who would know........
                If the seller took PayPal, I would've made an offer.......
                Last edited by Adrian; 03-31-2010, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The cross and photo are mine.

I told Kelly what he said here. That I bought these together from an antique dealer.I also said i've further no story, no information, no nothing regarding the items.

But it is a nice photo and a very nice marked cross. And I sell the items just as I get them, and that was together.

For 10 euro's each I will buy all of these photo's just like this one

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
                    This why it's worthy of some discussion I think.

For it to be worth 150 Euro $200 US, it has to be the medal and ribbon that matches in photo. Maybe even worth more then to some collectors. Otherwise it's just a WW2 photo and a WW2 medal. Value then 70 - 85 Euro [not mint cross] and 8-10 Euro for the photo aprox.

Sellers on e-stand are free to quote any price for their items.
                    buyers who like the items will buy or free to make an offer.

if you think its too expensive or you don't like the item , just don't buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                      The cross on the picture sure looks like it has a "hump" for mounting the ring, as seen on a few crosses.

/Flemming
                      That is exactly what I thought when I seen it.

The ad certainly implies it's the same cross as does the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                        If the seller took PayPal, I would've made an offer.......
                        He said as last resort he will accept paypal, in an email he sent me yesturday. But now I see he has added this to his sale page. Let the offers roll in lol. It is a nice photo and ribbon though.
                        Last edited by Kelly w; 03-31-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post

/Flemming
                          Wow good observation. This all I wanted to point out, so none of our WAF rookie cross collectors [I'm one of them] miss's this and pays too much. Or someone pays the price, gets it home, drags the mag glass out and then oh crap it's not the medal!

I see he has added this info now in sale thread.

Kelly
                          Last edited by Kelly w; 03-31-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

my apologies then!!!!

This is the way they came and still the way I sell them.

If you find the price to high, that is your right, no problem.

I have add the information in the sales topic.

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Varsity View Post
                              my apologies then!!!!

This is the way they came and still the way I sell them.

If you find the price to high, that is your right, no problem.

I have add the information in the sales topic.

Greets
                              Sorry sir, but too many fake stories out there. I guess this just another one of them. That's why I never buy from flea markets or antique dealers. Especially if you will not see them again [on holiday etc] and have no return policy. Luckily this less expensive item and any loss we be low.

This why I fear for the USA or Canada or Australia collectors that go to Germany, France, Paris and Normandy and pay high prices for questionable items from flea markets and shops. Get the goods home only to find out problems. And oops no return policy.

Kelly

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X