Originally posted by Mark Holden
    Hi All,

some pictures of my latest find.

Cheers

Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark Holden; 02-07-2004, 07:18 PM. Reason: omitted picture

Comment

Mark; Yes it seems that round 3 EK’s were not all produced by the one firm. If you study these pieces closely you will notice slight differences in the core and beading, leading us to believe that these pieces were indeed produced by different firms.

Comment

I think with a bit of detective work and some help from the forum members, we could work out at least one of the manufacturers of these round three Crosses.
        Most I have seen have the nub at the top of the frame and three makers that come to mind with these features on their crosses are Junker, Deschler and Wachtler and Lang.
        With some close-ups of the beading we could compare them and see if there are any similarities. The cores couldn't be used to compare as when they stopped using the round three it would have meant a new die.
        I for one believe that Deschler could be responsible as some of the round three's are fairly large framed as are the Deschlers.

Brett

Comment

Here's an unmarked EK 2 with the "nub" on the top arm. Standard "3." Any guesses as to manufacturer?
          George

Comment

Hard to say George,

But definately not a Deschler.

Regards,

Brett

Comment

Nice example Mark.

Thanks to Chris Boonzaier we already do know the maker of this, the most commonly encountered "round 3" type.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=36086

Comment

Gordon,

Interesting to note in the thread you refered to above that the 22 marked round three EK1 has totally different beading characteristics to the EK2 that George shows by the same manufacturer. Aren't the frames on EK1's and EK2's by the same manufacturer the same?
                Also, are there any round three's without the nub on the top, as Boerger & Co, Berlin do not have the nub on the top of their standard EK2 yet from memory, all the round three's do have the nub? Why would they change frame dies when it was only the core that needed to be changed?

Regards,
                Brett

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X