No announcement yet.

Meybauer EK1 mm7 on Old Style Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great advice given to us all from Douglas! photos with X over unacceptable tools even! Over the top helpful!
    Please do post some photos of the cross after gently cleaning and best luck Steve!

The makeup brush idea is great and she will probably never know! You on the other hand will be asked why you are laughing each time she is applying makeup!!!!

Steve, will You please post obverse photo of the L/13 marked cross?

Best Regards!

Kevin
    Last edited by WEISNER; 03-26-2010, 02:20 PM. Reason: forgot to ask for photo

Comment

I took a brush from a shaving kit to it but it never did much. May just leave it. As for the L/13, I just took a picture of all my Meybauers and I'll post it when I download them. In the meantime here is an older shot of it. My example appears to have a handvault to it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking Meybauer Steve, thanks for the prompt reply!
        Kev

Comment

Well Steve .... one should start out very gentle which was the idea behind the long soft brushes and then if needed try stiffer bristles . It is tricky - specialy along the inner frame not to chip off loose paint . If it does not -it does not go then .
          Just to add here - Kevin - I was refering to - perminantly borrowing a make brush . This paint does contain lead and having an lead oxid flourecent ' rouge cheaks ' will guaranty you a night in the dog house and an additional night each time you laugh !!!

Douglas

Comment

I've decided to leave it. It looks way different in hand than the pictures so it's not a problem. Hell, that could be dust from North Africa or Stalingrad!

Comment

Toothbrushes, Shaverbrushes, Roguebrushes or different brushes used for Oil/Acrylic/Watercolors are all good and so are the special ones used for cameras and other fine mechanics. Just different brushes with different stiffness and type of straws. Trick is to use something that gets rid of the dirt and leaves the object intact. Tried lots of types for crosses and what worked best for me so far was a Toothbrush for a Braun Electrical. The 2 Shaverbrushes i use have stiff plastic straws, good for cleaning rust but not dust.

I work with Archeological artefacts (Flintstone and Iron) Gemstones/Minerals, Fishing Reels, Dive Regulators and Cameras up to cars and motorbikes. Always start with the softest brush possible and work your way through to the stiffer types.

Cleaning stuff is good and lots of fun too! Exept for maybe a dirty kitchen floor

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X