Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Merit Cross / opinions please

Hello
    Would you please let me know your opinion?
    Original / fake?
    Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me, a zinc example with the finish coming off.

Comment

Agree with Adrian, nice zinc kvk
        Are there any makers mark on the ribbon ring?

Comment

Looks good to me too finish is coming off but still nice condition for a zinker

Regards,
          Bart

Comment

Has anyone ever tried to produce fake KVK second class? It seems pointless in view of their relatively low value. Also is it true that zinc KVKs were produced mainly during the later years of the war as materials became more scarce?

Comment

actaully I've seen few fakes, so yes there are fakes out there. As far as I know this is true - zinkers are late war made
              Regards,
              Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Hartigan View Post
                Has anyone ever tried to produce fake KVK second class? It seems pointless in view of their relatively low value.
                Here's a fake example that came my way once.......
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...d.php?t=198656

Comment

The fakes I have seen do not look like they were meant to fool anyone as the quality of then has been poor at best, they do make reproductions, and like a lot of lower grade medals, IMO they are meant for re-enactors, and like the one Adrian posted, the quality is poor at best and only meant to be observed from a distance, on a uniform, on some guy sliding through the mud. Just my experience though.
                  If anyone has a fake kvk2 that is very convincing I would love to see pics of it.

Comment

My old 1972 Rudolf Souval , Vienna, Austria catalog, which I picked up there on a visit, shows them available for sale as repros as item #2/7 @ 120 öS ($6.84) for the KVK mit Schwert; & the one without swords as item #2/8 @ the same price. The rings were marked L/58, & the ribbons were original. So these things are floating around out there somewhere. They weren't made of bronze, they had a bronze finish. They were not bendable. I have no idea why anyone would want to pay $6.84 back in 1972 for a fake of the KVK2, but nevertheless, they were available for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Silesien View Post
                      My old 1972 Rudolf Souval , Vienna, Austria catalog, which I picked up there on a visit, shows them available for sale as repros as item #2/7 @ 120 öS ($6.84) for the KVK mit Schwert; & the one without swords as item #2/8 @ the same price. The rings were marked L/58, & the ribbons were original. So these things are floating around out there somewhere. They weren't made of bronze, they had a bronze finish. They were not bendable. I have no idea why anyone would want to pay $6.84 back in 1972 for a fake of the KVK2, but nevertheless, they were available for sale.
                      It seems like you can barely get someone to pay $6.84 for one now.

Can you post pics of the catalog showing the crosses?

Comment

Cool pictures Adrian. It seems like its made out of butter. Has any reference book dedicated to KVKs popped up since that thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Hartigan View Post
                          Has any reference book dedicated to KVKs popped up since that thread?
                          Here you go Marios.....

http://www.landmarkmilitarybooks.com...k-pr-2555.html

And a thread here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=295643

Comment

Thanks a lot Adrian for the links-This will be the next reference book I will get. I like very much KvKs

Comment

Hello! Wished to show the late zinc cross. A brand 108. I can not attach a photo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X