Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.
    Both are the same and original to me.

Is there anyone else who has any info on these ?

Cheers.
    Peter Wiking

Comment

@peter,

i can give you some more infomation why i believed that the unmarked Wachtler & Lange was a fake. the guy who sold it told me said that the bump is a result of "forced labour" during the war. no hint that this is an unmarked 100. so i think he wanted to cheat me.

this case, the web-site i mentioned and the opinion of an very experienced collector made me believe the unmarked one`s with the bump are fakes.

i still see some differences in the bump`s on the two ek`s of bill. bump on the right one is blurred in some way like on the web-site i mentioned.

something else is conspicuous......all unmarked 100`s i have seen so far are in mint condition.......hmm........somehow strange......

Comment

Here is an unmarked one, with the bump. Its not my cross, its from a good dealer. What dealer is not important.
        I just follow my own feelings when i look at the cross (i dont even have Gordons fine book, allthough i should), and these 100 marked AND unmarked crosses looks good to me.

I´m humble, when i say they are original. I cant find anything wrong with them. This based on photos. Is Gordon around here ? Maybee he can say something about it.

Cheers.
        Peter Wiking
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Peter Wiking; 02-09-2004, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Back:
          Attached Files

Comment

Wächtler & Lange had superb quality finishing which still shows on MANY of their EK2s and EK1s.

Keep the following things in mind: Almost all EK2s are "unused", they were never worn except spange pieces. A superb quality finish still looks like that today, minor quality finish will appear "worn". But only a very little number of EK2 found as SINGLE pieces today were actually worn (most of these are still on the spanges and not single).

I believe a good stash of well stored unissued EK2 of W&L must have been found somewhere in time.

These crosses come unmarked, with 100 in ring and with "L55" ON frame (very rare).

Btw, my favourite EK2!
            Last edited by Frank H; 02-09-2004, 11:41 AM.
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Here is the rare L55 on frame by Wächtler & Lange (note L55 is the equivalent of 100):
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

L55 mark is at 6 o´clock on frame reverse
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

close up, you might want to check your "unmarked" Wächtler & Lange crosses. Maybe you are lucky.
                  Attached Files
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank.

Thanks for the interesting info. I´m glad that i could trust my feelings around these unmarked crosses.

Cheers.
                    Peter Wiking

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X