Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different EK II 11 or fake ?

Hello guys,

when I compared my EK II mm11 with this one, I see many different details.
    It is another model or some fake or cross with replaced parts?

Thank you.

And for compare my EK II 11

The computer I'm looking at this on is a small, old fashioned glass screen thing so the details aren't easy to make out but I can see many similarities between the crosses too. Which details do you think are different? Don't forget that these crosses may have been made a few years apart and the dies used could have worn. I think they both look good.
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-08-2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
      The computer I'm looking at this on is a small, old fashioned glass screen thing so the details aren't easy to make out but I can see many similarities between the crosses too. Which details do you think are different? Don't forget that thses crosses may have been made a few years apart and the dies used could have worn. I think they both look good.
      I think swastika is same but dates are different in my eyes, or it is cause of lot of painting on my ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ischak View Post
        I this svastika is same but dates are different in my eyes, or it is cause of lot of painting on my ?
        Unfortunately I can't make out the dates very clearly at all until I can find a flat screen monitor but there doesn't seem to be anything glaringly different. The frame features look similar though. I would still vote for them both being good examples. Maybe one of the other guys who can see them better can chip in with their opinion too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
          Unfortunately I can't make out the dates very clearly at all until I can find a flat screen monitor but there doesn't seem to be anything glaringly different. The frame features look similar though. I would still vote for them both being good examples. Maybe one of the other guys who can see them better can chip in with their opinion too.
          Ok thank you. My friend asked me to post photos here, since he is interested in buy. Hmm. Anyone can confirm Adrian please?

Comment

Here's mine for comparison purposes.
            Attached Files
            George

Comment

Reverse.
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

Maker mark.
                Attached Files
                George

Comment

Well ... did pull both up and made this comparison .
                  To me the cores are different ... on the front the pointy 1 and flat top 1 .... and then the center of the 3 ... left one very blunt and right one downward pointy !!!

Douglas
                  Attached Files

Comment

Even though it differs some on the core, IMO it doesnt seem like a fake to me. This core mystery due to cottage industries in medal manufacturing ..may just make this one you have unusual or for the list of another example for the 11 maker. It even has a little difference in the ribbng points. It has a lot of charachter .

Comment

I think it's probably good. But if you are unsure, pass. This is my personal rule of thumb, unless the price is cheap as dirt and/or you have an ironclad return period. Another example (of anything you can think of) will always turn up, sooner or later.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Josef,
                        Out of interest, do either of your crosses have a flaw similar to the one I picture below?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Adrian, I sent you PM about your question.

George, our crosses are same. So I think other cross I posted is really different. THank you for help.
                          Trevor, I have same thinking when buying awards. Maybe we are secret brothers??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X