No announcement yet.

1st class merit cross with swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks Janos for the reply, and for helping me out .

Thank You...

regards,
    Belinda
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

nice late war original

Comment

Very nice cased award .
        Just curious ... looking at the case bottom in post 11 ... is that piece of paper covering up a penceled or stamped number ??? I have an early and late case with the same spring set up .

Thanks Douglas

Comment

Many thanks both Wvdparis2 and Douglas 5 for taking the time to reply, much appreciated...

Not too sure what the paper is covering as I have never tried to remove it Douglas.

regards,
          Belinda
          sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

Just only carefully lift the paper back... do not pull it off .
            Just wanted to know if yours had a number . I have a few KB made cases with the same spring loop setup . The same basic shell was used with different form incerts depending on the intended award . Your KvK incert is imbosed with 642 and my EK 1 incerts have 621 . Most all cases have only a plain hand writen pencil number - ... The reason for this more elaborit stamping on this spring type is not clearly known .
            Here is a picture of one of mine . Low numbers all the way up into the thousands have been found . .... black and or blue stamped numbers .

Douglas
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Douglas,
              the number that I have got under mine is in blue and is 451.

regards,
              Belinda

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X