From S.O.S.-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
    .... Could you show some closeups of the spanges please?
    Thanks for your comments guys!
    Here are the close ups of those stickpins, ...this 1st class mini is 12.75mm/8.9mm was made by maker of so called Intermediate type clasp.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Stickpin next to my Intermediate, ...it even has the same flaw on "3".
        Attached Files

Comment

First type second class is 12.9mm/13mm.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Another very nice little piece.

The striking similarity between the full-size Spangen and the stickpins (of various makers) reinforces my belief that the dies for both sizes were made using a large model and a pantograph device.

So Alikn, the show was good? Tell us a bit about what kinds of things you saw there, Iron Cross related.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                ..... No 1813 EK2? I know you were looking.

If you have a moment to record your impressions of the show, I'm sure we would all be interested....
                Didn't see any real 1813's, only that one that I posted before, it has some frames separation and the guy asking to much(4k), ...one day I'll find the right one.
                As I mention before the show was great, ...great place to socialize with militaria collectors from many places of the world and the most fun is the hunt - row after row .....over and over again....like Energizer bunny from 8:30 to 6:00 Th Fr Sa. ...As usual a lot of fakes - prinzens 1914s and 1870s can be found almost in every row, ...prices didn't change much from last show and like always deals can be found, ....just have to look.

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                ..... Tell us a bit about what kinds of things you saw there, Iron Cross related.
                There was a few RKs, ..couple of EK-1 combos both from original parts but jeweler put together(never know when), one Helmut W. had and another some other dealer.......
                Last edited by AlikN; 02-24-2010, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
                  Didn't see any real 1813's, only that one that I posted before, it has some frames separation and the guy asking to much(4k), ...one day I'll find the right one.
                  As I mention before the show was great, ...great place to socialize with militaria collectors from many places of the world and the most fun is the hunt - row after row .....over and over again....like Energizer bunny from 8:30 to 6:00 Th Fr Sa. ...As usual a lot of fakes - prinzens 1914s and 1870s can be found almost in every row, ...prices didn't change much from last show and like always deals can be found, ....just have to look.
                  Thanks for taking the time to tell us a bit about it, Alikn. I'm sure we all wish we were there.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Now I am on the market for affordable "real state", ...my "homeless" RK needs a black little house ............

What are the cases are going for now days, ...saw one at the show asking price was 3k, ...seems kind of high......

Comment

I don't know what condition it was in but I swear I saw one or two RK cases floating around for the neighborhood of 2,000-3,000. I don't know if that is high but they are out there for sure.

Here is one one e-medals. http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRA2294

After a quick search of a couple sites, I couldn't find any others for the time being. Maybe another will pop up. Who knows!?

Comment

The one I saw was in very good condition, better than Barry's and it had rounded corners, ....looks like it's a going rate around 3k. .....pricey little box, ...I thought they are around 2k.

Comment

$2671 one sold for on Detlevs site this week.

Comment

No longer 'homeless' RK.........

Got this nice box, ......thanks to Albert

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=419499

...and thanks to Stephen P. for the RK and for the help in 'moving' stuff to get it.

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X