Opinions on EK2 Spange please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on EK2 Spange please

Hi all, I am considering buying this spange but having searched through past threads am unable to find a match to it. The spange is plated buntmetal and although the pics aren't great seems to be of high quality. I don't see anything that set the alarm bells ringing. What do you think? or

Thanks and best regards,
    Patrick
    Attached Files

reverse

Attached Files

Comment

I was going to say it had rather a thin neck, it sort of looks like its been rung !

There are an abundance of differences in the trapezoid date plaques, numerals and all the other details but most have one thing in common a broader neck than the example shown ? Or is it just me.

I'm sure there must be thinner neck variations, perhaps it's the norm it just looked odd to me.

I'l check my fakes file Patrick and see if I come up with anything similar.

Kind regards,

Marcus

No I can't find anything to date, but it still looks like a vulture to me rather than an eagle, I had a prinzen fake with a very similar head. I'll watch and learn.
      Last edited by MH184; 01-30-2004, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Kind of looks like the eagle from the old MUPPET SHOW

Comment

Hi Marcus, thanks for taking the time to look through your files. I searched every dealer's website I could think of and although I found a number of variations, not one like this. Obviously not a good thing! What strikes me from the photos is that the quality of strike is very high and the detail is superb when compared to some originals??
          Greg, I take it you think that this is definately a bad one?

The dealer offers a 10 day inspection period and a lifetime guarantee. I'm buying a silver wound badge off him which is definately good so I think I'll get this too and have a better look at it.

Anyone else got any opinion either way? Frank H?

Cheers, Patrick

Comment

Stuntman,

I was just commenting on the odd shape of the head. I have not seen
            one like that before. I will be the first to admit that I do not have
            enough experience to tell good from bad.

I have sent you a PM.

sincerely,
            Greg

Comment

We had this type discussed before. In my opinion it is an original spange. Here are some better pictures of one:
              Attached Files
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

reverse
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank, thanks for taking the time to help me out. Thats definitely the same one and glad to hear that you think it's good!

I ordered this spange a couple of days ago and was told that it was mine. He emailed me today saying that he had made a mistake and the spange had already gone . The dealer is now in the process of getting me another spange so I will see what he comes up with. At least if I do see another of this type then I will recognise it as a good one - one more notch on the learning curve!

Thanks and the very best to all you guys,

Patrick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X