Is this a K&Q RK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a K&Q RK?

Ok you 'eagle eyes' out there...is this RK on ol' Otto here a K&Q??

Dave
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Originally posted by Dave Kane
    Ok you 'eagle eyes' out there...is this RK on ol' Otto here a K&Q??

Dave
    Wish my eyes were that good Dave !
    Looks a bit like a photographers "add in" to me

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Otto

Closer, please! Much closer...

Comment

I pulled this from Ebay and don't have the expertise to get it closer! Chris I thought of that too and it is probably the case because as I recall from other pictures he wore a Juncker and (apparently) affirmed with Kai W.'s offering!

Photo co. probably got a 'kick-back' from K&Q for featuring one of its crosses!!

Dave
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

I've had a go at resizing it but the image is so small to begin with that it just ends up very pixellated indeed.

Looking at it as it is it looks like it does have quite a thick ring but it's so small it's hard to be sure it's not my eyes. It does look like an add on, it's sitting slightly too on top of the collar.

Best wishes,

Sara

Comment

Hi Dave,
            Can you scan the photo?
            I can't get a clear image in Photoshop.
            Roy

Comment

Roy, I pulled it off of Ebay so this is the best I can get!

The general shape of the cross I feel is K&Q and was surprised seeing this after the Kai Winkler offering...

It could be 'painted' in but if not wow...that would be something as I didn't think K&Q were putting these out in May '42!!

The photo appears to be a common 'propaganda' type so I suspect there's plenty out there.

Dave
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                It could be 'painted' in but if not wow...that would be something as I didn't think K&Q were putting these out in May '42!! Dave
                Whoever 'painted' this in deserves a Knights Cross themselves - this swastika appears to have releif and shadow....

Someone else can figure out if proportions of cross to collar match or not...

That's not a 3/4 eye is it?..........
                Attached Files

Comment

Make your own (tenuous) decision!

I have not messed with the width of the original picture posted by Dave, so even allowing for the slightly different angle of perspective, the one sported by our friend here looks a little 'fatter' and rounder to me....

However, bare in mind that the much clearer beading in the picture of Ralph A's Cross gives the K&Q a less dumpy appearance, whereas if you look just at the outline of the flange edge of both, it's a much closer match than it first appears......

Can anyone do similar comparison, but with a Junker?

The K&Q on the right is owned by Ralph A - I hope he dosen't mind.....
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Biro; 01-31-2004, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X