Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd looking DKiG

Hi Guys,

Found this cross on a dealer's website and have never seen one quite like it. The seller has a lot of very nice and scarce items for sale and I couldn't spot any obvious fakes. I'm not aiming to buy this piece but thought it would be interesting to get some informed opinions on it. The construction looks ok to me but the sunburst is gold in colour rather than grey/silver. It is obviously a well worn cross, could it have been polished down to the base metal?
    Apologies to the owner for borrowing his pics
    Attached Files

reverse

Attached Files

Comment

detail

maker 134
      Attached Files

Comment

with my limited knowedge i do not like the colour or hindge catch on this piece.may be wrong though

Comment

I saw a cross excatly like this one (maybe even the same) offered about two years ago and the dealer claimed it was found in the water.

IMO a ruined original.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

I think it certainly looks as though the black paint has been polished off, and it is not intended to be gold in color.

Tim
            Last edited by Tim Tezer; 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM.
            "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I agree with Frank on this one, original cross that has been heavily worn and polished up to make it look more presentable.

Cheers, Patrick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X