EKII with blank reverse core "1813 missing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII with blank reverse core "1813 missing"

Greetings Gang! there is an EKII on emedals update today with missing 1813 date on reverse.
    http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GRA2395
    Do You suppose an EKI core was used for this cross unknowingly? Or perhaps???
    Thought those that had not seen it may like a look!
    Am most interested in any thoughts? Re cored using EKI core? No reason I see to remove the 1813 date from an original?
    Best Regards!
    Kev
    Last edited by WEISNER; 02-05-2010, 08:33 PM.

500USD for that cross ? even if its re-cored or they "forgot" about the date because a long weekend or whatever it was, its just an EK2...I like it how dealers boost the prices and make them extremely rare lol

regards, Les

Comment

It could be an EK1 core, then again, someone may have done an excellent job of removing the date and aging the paint, 500 dollars makes the labor worthwhile.

here pix for those who don't want to surf..
      Attached Files

Comment

obverse
        Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting subject. We know from seeing denazified EKI's that some swasis are hollow and some are solid iron core. It's always wondered if some EKII's had two-piece cores, or all had one-piece. If a particular firm used a flat reverse die to produce their EKI cores, then it would seem logical that the flat die would be exchanged for the 1813 reverse die to produce the EKII core. It's an interesting topic, and I believe worthy of discussion. I've observed that Juncker used basically the same reverse die, while their obverse die had many 'faces'. I say 'basically', not always. I won't go to the extreme of destructive testing to find out if the cores are two-piece in the EKII's, but it would be interesting to hear from others what they know about this. Anyone?

Comment

Les- I agree it is priced steep, But if it truly is as manufactured and released for award, A rare piece!
            Looking at the photos and playing with screen settings... I think I see a faint ghost of the date? Anyone else see it?

- Thanks for the photo transfer AUSGANG!, Much appreciated!

Robert- Thanks for the reply. I also believe it is worthy of discussion, I want to hear about any other examples around like this. Also thoughts from Douglas, The big G and others!

What maker is the cross? I am not sure and wonder if anyone can put a name to it?

Thanks for the participation so far Gent's!

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by weisner View Post
              what maker is the cross? I am not sure and wonder if anyone can put a name to it?
              k&q '65'
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Interesting : could be a EK1 core .??? Hard to say if the 1813 is there or not .

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

Douglas,

You've done it this time, my friend. It looks like an X-ray. I like the patina on the beading.

Comment

I've got a similar cross, different maker though

cheers
                    Peter

Comment

Do you have a picture of it ?

Douglas

Comment

I'll pm you.

cheers
                        Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X