German Cross in Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Silver

Help! I am considering bidding on a German Cross (Silver) that I saw on ePier. Unfortunatly, it has a pretty bad chip out of the enamel in the center of the swastika. It has been listed on ePier for awhile with the reserve price never being met. To me this means two things, #1) it's not real or #2) he is asking too much. Can someone take a look at it and give me your opinion on its authenticity and how much you think it is worth. I have seen bids on this item up to $400.00 USD. It is listed at epier.com the lot number and title is as follows: #:328742, NAZI BADGE AWARD MEDAL GERMAN CROSS SILVER

Thanks

John

his also has a 900 marked silver Anti Partisan badge..

http://www.epier.com/BiddingForm.asp?368142

Anyone recognise the seller Heydrich?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

hEYDRICH THE MAN FROM INDIANA?

Read: Full Description

NAZI PATI-PARTISAN WAR BADGE SILVER GRADE, LOTS OF CORRECTED PHOTOS FOR YOUR INSPECTION, SORRY ABOUT THE LAST TIME, JUST GOT THE HANG OF EPIER'S PHOTOS TRANSFER CORRECTLY. SCALLOPED OUT REVERSE, GREAT DETAIL, SHOWS WEAR, HALL MARKED ON WIDE COKE BOTTLE TYPE PIN AND BACK OF BADGE "900" (FOR STERLING SILVER CONTENT), JUST LIKE THE ONE WORN BY THE EX-HEAD OF THE U.N. DON'T BELIEVE FOR A SECOND THE NAZIS WERE OUT OF RARE METALS, THEY WERE AWASH WITH ALL THE TREASURES OF EUROPA. THE SWIOSS STILL DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THE LOOT. AND AS WITH THIS BADGE QUALITY ALWAYS IS WANTED. MAKE THIS BADGE THE CENTER OF YOUR COLLECTION! GREAT CONDITION, BUT SHOWS

(GO LOOK AT THE SELLERS OTHER ITEMS. LOOK AT THE GERMAN JET PILOT'S ROUND PILOT BADGE)

One word of advise BEWARE.
      Last edited by W. C. Stump; 04-10-2002, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Read: Full Description

NAZI PATI-PARTISAN WAR BADGE SILVER GRADE, LOTS OF CORRECTED PHOTOS FOR YOUR INSPECTION, SORRY ABOUT THE LAST TIME, JUST GOT THE HANG OF EPIER'S PHOTOS TRANSFER CORRECTLY. SCALLOPED OUT REVERSE, GREAT DETAIL, SHOWS WEAR, HALL MARKED ON WIDE COKE BOTTLE TYPE PIN AND BACK OF BADGE "900" (FOR STERLING SILVER CONTENT), JUST LIKE THE ONE WORN BY THE EX-HEAD OF THE U.N. DON'T BELIEVE FOR A SECOND THE NAZIS WERE OUT OF RARE METALS, THEY WERE AWASH WITH ALL THE TREASURES OF EUROPA. THE SWIOSS STILL DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THE LOOT. AND AS WITH THIS BADGE QUALITY ALWAYS IS WANTED. MAKE THIS BADGE THE CENTER OF YOUR COLLECTION! GREAT CONDITION, BUT SHOWS

(GO LOOK AT THE SELLERS OTHER ITEMS. LOOK AT THE GERMAN JET PILOT'S ROUND PILOT BADGE)
        If his Anti-Partisan Warfare Badge were real, then he wouldn't feel the need for a sales pitch like this, would he? As for the reference to Kurt Waldheim, I do not think that Waldheim received this award. I may be wrong. And if he did, how does Mr Heydrich know that Herr Waldheim owned one in solid silver?

Germany may have been "awash with all the treasures of Europa" but they were firmly in the possession of despots like Hermann Göring and a few other shady officials and senior officers. Silver, like several other metals, was a restricted material. The only known original APWBs are in feinzink.

If I were you, I would avoid this vendor just because of the way he insults our collective intelligence. Buy a DKiS from a reputable source, from someone who will give you a refund if there are any problems. Don't try to find a bargain. The DK is such an 'in your face' decoration that even a halfwit would know that he had something a bit special and wouldn't sell it for a fraction of its value.

Round-wreath Jet Pilots' Badge? Ballocks! Where are the pictures of Galland and the other ME262 pilots, most of whom were top aces and therefore much-photographed, wearing the round-wreathed LW Pilots' Badge? Or was it just given to the kids launched into battle in the rocket-powered Comet or "People's Fighter"? Perhaps that's the explanation! The wreath is a reference to the shape of their rectums as their commander lit the fuse and retired to a safe distance.

Stay away from ePier, eBay and all the other internet auction rooms unless you really know your subject...and even then, you're taking a risk when you buy things in this way.

Prosper Keating

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X