No announcement yet.

Rettenmaier markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A close up here that shows where it is . They are found anywhere on the cross and not always in one spot . A big task to contact the owner and to verify if it is or not . In very few cases one can tell from the picture without a doubt . The amount of look alike spots that could be the depressions . From what I have gone through ONLY 2 out of 10 marks turn out to be a stamped 3 dot triangular mark !!!! Pictures are very deceiving . The shape of the dots are important . As this one indicates - 3 light dots - that stand out from the dark worn and oxidized surounding area - or the oposite can be the case too !
    This one circled is well struck type .
    Attached Files

Comment

The 3 dots on the pin - smallest type .
      Easy to miss with all the other dings and scratches .
      Attached Files

Comment

I have not sofar been able to get the L59 picture back with a large 3 dot mark , so I had to take the same mark off of a cross of another maker , one I have - showing the same large 3 dot version .
        Attached Files

Comment

As these last few pictures of the 3 dot marks show - it is very hard to see and find . I would like to ask all owners of L59 crosses to have look at their crosses to see if they have any of these marks hiding . The ones I could verify never knew they had them !!!
          The variation of the maker mark L59 and S mark posted soon .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X