Zinc core round 3 EK 2, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zinc core round 3 EK 2, opinions?

Just got this in the mail. It has a non magnetic core which appears to me to be zinc. It is missing the jump ring and suspension loop which may have something to do with its misaligned frames. Looks better in hand than in the scans... Any opinions welcome!
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

swastika
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The only non-magnetic round 3 I have seen so far was a fake.

i have to admit it does look convincing, but the misaligned frame raises another red flag.
            Not good IMO...

Comment

The frame and core doesn't match any of the known R3 originals, IMO.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It was very inexpensive, I got the impression that the seller was unaware of the round 3. This particular cross has been through some hard times and the misaligned frames don't particularly bother me. I've had more than one genuine 39er that was badly reassembled by someone trying to do a restoration. If it is a fake then someone went to a bit of trouble to age it... I'll keep it for now...

Comment

I like the frame

Comment

IMO not an original cross, sorry.

Comment

Here are (4) round 3's to compare the thread-opener to. Top row are 'beveled edge' and 'Deschler'. Bottom row are 'heavy' and 'swasi on plateau'...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Although I am of the opinion that it is not very usefull to compare to "accepted" originals It does look a litlle like a modified ek2 I sold a few months ago in a huge lot of fakes.
                        I have some old pictures of that thing wich had a replaced sink core in misalligned soldered frmaes with very odd paint.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The frame looks very similar, Luud.

Comment

To me the core looks closer to the "fake R-3 EK1" we sometimes see than to a good one, but the damage makes it hard to say for sure.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

This 'step' on the '9' is one of the first things I look for when examining the many R3 cores...

I don't know whether all (both EKI and EKII) R3's have this step, but my (4) R3 EKII's do. So, I'm judging the core of the thread-opener by this feature.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X