Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwburchell
    Gentlemen:
    My rusty knowledge of German would have the last paragraph of the letter read, in versioned translation:
    "Due to your efforts a great deal was achieved, especially in Greece and Russia, under the most difficult battle conditions".
    Sure sounds to me like the recipient deserved his decoration.
    Cheers! John
    Thank you John !

FranK Scheepers

Comment

The KVK was also awarded to Konzentrazionslager staff. If you take a look at the list of awards given to SS camp personnel, the predominant award was the KVK.

Yuri

Comment

It was also given for anti partisan work.

Comment

so did the rank of awards go

kvk 2nd class
          ek2
          kvk 1st class
          ek1
          dkig
          kvk (knights cross)
          Knight cross

Comment

i don't care if people say the WMC 1st class isn't as highly respected . the WMC to me is way up there. i always hope my next purchase will be a WMC 1st class the case

Comment

It was mentioned in a 1944 SD report on how the public viewed this award...
              Some of the nicknames they mentioned
              "Flattery order" "War servers cross" "EK3" "Bakers cross" O.K. not all are funny, but the SD report was not looking for jokes, just examples of how little respect the award got.
              The only really funny one was
              "Bel Ami Orden, (Bin kein held, doch ein Mann, der Gefällt)" meaning "Good buddy orden (I am no hero, but I am well liked)"

My wifes grandfather had it amongst other awards and always chuckled when he saw it in the frame, he always said it was as comman as an eagle on the uniform.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X