Slightly loose swastika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly loose swastika

Hi. I've just bought a Klein DK in silver and would very much appreciate some opinions. The maker's mark (134), the four donut rivets, measurements, weight etc check out. However the swastika is ever so slightly loose. Has anyone encountered this before and if so, is it just wear and tear or should alarm bells be ringing. All views welcome. Thanks.

I have an original 20 marked DKiG like this. It depends on the maker, but some of the swastikas were held onto the plate by bent pins. A little wear and tear could loosen it I'm sure. Mine is very heavily worn.

Comment

I have reun across several copies that are very good - correct in most every way except two - one they have virtualy no wear and several of the makers marks - some most naturaly wrong but others correct. The second part is a very loose construction - I have seen both the DK in gold and silver with the same problems. Hope that helps or at least gives some insight

Comment

Hi,
        I have a worn,100% real 134 DKiG.
        One of the main features is a "loose" swastika.
        I'm not aware off the loose swastika on repro's,but if so,they did a hell of a good job.
        All I know and have seen is that on repro's the makersmark 134 is very pronounced.
        Feel free to mail me for pictures if you want to,cause I'm not a "member" and have difficulties on posting pics the proper way !

regards,
        Jos.

Comment

Hello Martin, the loose swastika is not of the greatest concern in determining originality. There are many out there where the swas seems to have a loose feeling, that are 100% original. The same fear of fakery crossed my mind when I purchased one a couple of years ago. It is marked with a "1" (Deschler) and has the same problem, but it has been given the thumbs up by all that have seen it.
          Richard V

Comment

Detlev highlighted a new generation of fake German Cross marked '134'. It seems almost perfect except that it's too small.

What are the dimensions of the star-burst?

Richard
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

DK's

Hello,

Very interesting topic => Jos could you please email me your pictures , i can post them for you ( ps : is this not a good service to become a member ? )

I have had the pleasure in handeling one of the latest fakes of these DK's and i can assure you guys they are very close +> except a few minor details but a person who has not studied the subject wil almost certainly have a bad day !!!! ( be warned +> stuny the subject and begin on this site in reading the excellent article by our members )

Greetings,
              my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply to me. It would seem then that the loose swastika is not uncommon to the Klein DK and not a sign of a definitie fake, which is a relief. Everything else checks out, Klein mark, correct rivets and most importantly the starburst dimensions...which at 63mm exactly sounds right to me. Your help is much appreciated as the DK (as with most Third Reich items it would seem) cost a fair sum of relatively hard earned cash. Worth it though as it is a beautiful piece. My next target is the Anti Partisan badge, which by all accounts would seem to be a real horror story to authenticate.

Comment

Hello,

Here are the pictures from the DKiG maker marked 134 from Wespennest , thanks for showing it Jos

Greetings,
                  Attached Files

Comment

picture 2

Here is the reverse from the 134 cross from Jos his collection.

Greetings,
                    Attached Files

Comment

dk 134

And finally here is a close up of the makers mark 134 ,

Thanks for sharing this fine looking cross,
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X