Otto Skorzeny's German Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therifleman View Post

So in conclusion Skorzeny simply got a kick out of ripping off collectors?
    Look who he worked for! Ripping off suckers would not have been a problem.

Comment

So in conclusion.......

...........................:d
      Attached Files

Comment

I met a man in the air force in the mid 70s who claimed he had galands RK document. He claimed galand flew him to germany at his own cost to attempt to purchase it back. He claimed galand didnt want to pay much for it, and said the deal didnt go down, and galand got angry with him.(understandably so). if this man is a forum member please step foreward?
        He offered to send me a photo if i sent him one of one i had at the time...but...he did not give me his name, or i cant recall it, and since he traveled in the uSAF, I gave him all my contact info, and I never heard from him again. Was it true?? YOU got me? Im from missouri when it comes to claims like that. Anybody can say anything....till tangible proof is presented to claify clouds over such issues to substantiate such claims.
        I have heard thru the grapevine skorzeny did mess collectors around, and I have never heard of anyone buying his actual medals till after he died. The names would be private even today for obvious reasons. Only close associates with skorzeny's inner circle would know for sure, and im sure they are mostly all gone now, or possibly lurking in the shadows, taking this secret to their graves.hahah. Photo above should say .."take a hit off this, then let me sell you some of my personal stuff"
        This article says he said it was an original badge, not that it was the ONE he earned , even if he had a double, and had it engraved, it would have been post war IMO in regard to any engraving inscription. The engraver would have to be told what to write on it, they wouldnt know, so id say he must have boo boo'd himself.
        It would have to have a lifetime guarantee in writing , before i'd chance messing with anything of high fame awards belonging to high profile german award winners. HI profile famous german award winners pieces will go thru the roof in the future, and few but the most wealthy or the slickers will own them by a lucky buy from someone who doesnt know what they have, and its true value, will make this type of item, seen regularly popping up with more frequency in the future. Like richthofens pilots badge shown a few days ago(for sale on evil bay). That is a veterans post war type comemorative badge , and since he never lived to receive such an award , it is a total fabrication ...Just my take on the subject.(caveat emptor Jim's)

Comment

I know a woman who is worth several million dollars that steals silverware and wine glasses from restaurants. Money enables mischief like this.

Comment

Adolf Galland's Oak Leaves document and mappe are in the hands of a US collector. Galland was furious that the collector would not return his property.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Another mystery solved! Finally the first S&L DK with provenance. The community has reason to rejoice! Endorsed by a veteran!

Just watch when the first S&L Dks will be sold with that endorsement.
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                I know a woman who is worth several million dollars that steals silverware and wine glasses from restaurants. Money enables mischief like this.
                Want to get ahold of her and see if she is interested in getting me a nice RK? I'll come clean her house or something hahaha

@Bob Hritz: Since I have only been in this circle for about a year I am wondering, does this happen often. Veterans getting mad about the loss of their medals and asking for them back? What is the protocol on that? I have seen many say they get some pieces from vets but I've never personally been THAT close to a vet. Just curious.

Interesting subject!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                  Wasn't it Skorzeny who 'passed off' a lot of repro stuff to 'visiting collectors' many years ago?

At least he had a sense of humour!
                  Robin, What's the story on this sounds like a good yarn??
                  Cheers, Steve
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by Military nut View Post
                    @Bob Hritz: Since I have only been in this circle for about a year I am wondering, does this happen often. Veterans getting mad about the loss of their medals and asking for them back? What is the protocol on that? I have seen many say they get some pieces from vets but I've never personally been THAT close to a vet. Just curious.

Interesting subject!
                    The latest scam over the last few years are people Googling their relatives or ancestors for Purple Hearts, finding them displayed on a forum and demanding they be returned claiming they were stolen. When in fact they had been sold by the last snot nosed nephew or niece looking to make a buck

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                      The latest scam over the last few years are people Googling their relatives or ancestors for Purple Hearts, finding them displayed on a forum and demanding they be returned claiming they were stolen. When in fact they had been sold by the last snot nosed nephew or niece looking to make a buck
                      if that happened to me just say prove it!! show me a police report!!then see what happens!!!but i did read i think here that a one or 2 RK vets who sadly had to sell there medals to collectors! although sadly they sold there RKs 7 or 8 times to different collectors!!!! i heard thats why vets cant always get replacements for the medal of honor as vets were selling them and saying they had lost em!!

Comment

So in conclusion Skorzeny simply got a kick out of ripping off collectors?
                        Living up to his reputation as 'the most dangerous man in Europe' hey!!!
                        Cheers, Steve
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------
                        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                          Adolf Galland's Oak Leaves document and mappe are in the hands of a US collector. Galland was furious that the collector would not return his property.

Bob Hritz

If you ask Charlie Snyder he gave everything to him during the 50-60s

They Must have been good friends!!

Gallands KC with oaks and swords

KCICOLSwords800F.jpg

Comment

I scanned this set at the last SOS. It has been said by several people that this is the set from Skorzeny. It was sold lie that and it is shown in books with that ownership. All I can say is that cross, ribbon and EL are good
                            Attached Files
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Original ? Authentic?
                              Attached Files

Comment

bigger one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X