Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw back EK I

Hello everybody,

I would like to hear if possible your opinion on this: is this type of screw back cap correct? What about the absence of the stabilyzing pin on the top arm of the cross?

Fake?

Thanks in advance,

Cesar.

Hi,

This looks like it has one of those incuse relief 20 or 50 stamps on the screwback? If so, these are flooding the market at the moment and I understand that they are current repros from Eastern Europe or thereabouts. I've seen them sold as repros on auction sites but more and more are being on-sold as genuine.

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I guess the L21s have come to a halt and now they are being marked like this ?

Comment

Hi Chris,

I think these new ones are different from the L21 repros. The L21s are better I think. These more recent ones don't have the pin on the reverse to stop the cross spinning on the uniform and the inner edges of the arms are very straight whereas the L21 repros are more curved like a genuine EK1. I haven't done a detailed comparison from images, particularly of the obverse, and certainly not by hand so maybe someone else can add something.

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

L/21

Hello lads,

This is completely different from the fake L/21 marked screw backs. Definitely these are coming from a different maker. Thanks for the input.
          Cesar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X