Discussed EK II unmarked, new thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussed EK II unmarked, new thread

Guys, there are new in better quality photos.
    Please, be so kind and stop chain posting it is not original or original. If it is not original, show me why, do not just write"not original"
    I beleive it is original, due to my collecting knowladge and my perosnal opinion.
    There is just strange for me that the number 3 is not similar on both sides. hm ?

This is the help i can offer regarding this cross. This cross does not fit the usually fine production standards that was used for the iron cross in Germany between 1939 and 1945. For example is the 1939 date very sketchy and the frame uneven in numerous places. There are other details that i find to be of a negative nature but that would require the creation of a digital map of this cross were i point these out and unfortunately i do not have time to do that.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post
      This is the help i can offer regarding this cross. This cross does not fit the usually fine production standards that was used for the iron cross in Germany between 1939 and 1945. For example is the 1939 date very sketchy and the frame uneven in numerous places. There are other details that i find to be of a negative nature but that would require the creation of a digital map of this cross were i point these out and unfortunately i do not have time to do that.

Peter
      Thanks Peter, but how is possible cross came from old woman in sudetland ? Period home made or ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ischak View Post
        Thanks Peter, but how is possible cross came from old woman in sudetland ? Period home made or ?
        I guess the same way ground dug Partisan Badges were dug up recently that were made in the last couple of years.
        You seem to have all kinds of stories don't you?

Ever heard the saying "Judge the item not the story"?

Comment

IMO...not gidgegenal....

Comment

I believe this cross is a fake. It's always possible the old lady from the Sudetenland somehow got a fake cross, as they have been around for a long time.

I think the reverse date may match this one, also from a fake:

There is no need to stop collecting EKs. There are many good fakes that have fooled the best of us.
            Last edited by streptile; 01-03-2010, 07:57 PM.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
              I guess the same way ground dug Partisan Badges were dug up recently that were made in the last couple of years.
              You seem to have all kinds of stories don't you?

Ever heard the saying "Judge the item not the story"?
              If you have any problem with me , just ignore my threads. I am not selling anything on e-stand to make here any theater with fairy tales. I am just trying to learn and I am providing informations, that I receive. So if you have self-preservation , leave my threads with your stupid responses.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                I believe this cross is a fake. It's always possible the old lady from the Sudetenland somehow got a fake cross, as they have been around for a long time.

I think the reverse date may match this one, also from a fake:

There is no need to stop collecting EKs. There are many good fakes that have fooled the best of us.
                Thank you for response streptile, please show me obverse of your fake. Reverse date are not same, maybe similar. I will be dissapointed, if this cross is fake! Costed me regular price for EK

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ischak View Post
                    If you have any problem with me , just ignore my threads. I am not selling anything on e-stand to make here any theater with fairy tales. I am just trying to learn and I am providing informations, that I receive. So if you have self-preservation , leave my threads with your stupid responses.
                    WHY ... do you have all these stories then?

Fake BKA's that YOU observed being dug out of the ground ... now EK's from Little old ladies from the Sudetenland ....

At least start throwing in the odd original to have people take you seriously mate

But you're right .... I'll keep out of your threads from now on ....

For kicks, I'll start keeping track of the score. Fake items and bogus stories. So far you're 2 for 2.

Comment

Hi Josef,

That cross is not mine, and the obverse does not match yours. The fact is, however, that your EK2 is almost certainly a fake, because it does not match any known originals, nor are its quality or its construction techniques consistent with known originals. This can be difficult to accept, but it is almost certainly the truth.

I joined this forum less than 12 months ago and posted 4 or 5 fakes straight away. I was crushed. They fool the best of us. With concerted study and a lot of reading (I read this forum's old threads probably 4 hours a day for six straight weeks), you will decrease the chances of getting burned again.

Try to return the cross, and file it under "experience."
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Good morning Streptile,

then you forced me about this cross! :-( I used to like this cross.
                        My webmaster is actualy working on my website, where are going to be
                        all items in my collection. I will be glad if you will take a look on my EKs. They are marked, all of them, and match to same maker marked cross posted on WAF.
                        Nevertheless I am worried now and I please for opinion of experts.
                        This websites will be in czech first. After few weeks in english and then in germany.
                        Again thank you for your kind help. This fake is bad experience. :/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X