No announcement yet.

EK1 screwback opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I would get the verniers out, just to compare my original crosses with this Floch. Although limited to my ek1s an L11 and an RS screwback, the results were quite surprising, with sizes of the Floch considerably larger. Here are the measurements for reference.

Floch L11 RS

Height 44.55 43.79 44.04

Width 44.63 43.76 44.06

Beading 2.03 1.79 1.80

Haken/k 11.30 11.13 11.10

Screwback thread
    3.94 NA 3.37

Screwback clamshell width 39.78
    All measurements in mms.

regards John

Comment

Ek1 sb

Originally posted by john henderson View Post
      thanks for the input here. Very dissapointing to read your comment about the prior notification.
      I think darrell has hit this one on the head, could be a genuine mistake but its how they now react, since i have sent them a respectful email, pointing out this fake.
      Its really good to have a community like this, where the collectors back each other up. Really appreciate it. I will post when i recieve an answer from the seller.

Regards john

john;

if there are any issues about taking it back, please send me a pm and i will forward you the email where they acknowledge receipt of my note about item 44812..which was the inventory number of your ek1 on their site.

Comment

When was it delivered John?

in the U.K you are covered by the "Distance Selling Regulations 2000 act" which means you have 7 days in which to return it for whatever reason you want. That includes even if you just happen to change your mind..

Good luck with this!

Comment

Don,t worry they will refund your money, just tell them your not happy
          with it. The dealers with big inventorys make mistakes, it,s how they
          put them right is what matters. Some will keep sending stuff out untill
          it sticks, and eventualy it will. But these people are supposed to be
          experts, and should vet items more carefully.
          Regards
          Mametz

Comment

Thanks again for this help. TRAVLRSEASIA nice to know you have the item number and confirmation email.
            To Joe Mc. I recieved it on the 30th December and notified them yesterday.
            To mametz. Totally agree.
            thanks again gents.

John

Comment

These are faked but there are a few good ones out there, made by Deumer. Here is a good one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good news, after sending 2 emails and finally finding their phone number,
                I spoke to a bloke called Tony at Regimentals, who was helpful and friendly. Although he didnt think it was a Floch he was happy to take it back and refund my money.
                Sent the cross back by special registered post yesterday. So all is well.
                Thank you again to everyone who commented and gave me good sound advice.

kind regards John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X