Juncker EK2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
    Trevor, look at the top of the '1', the hard bend.
    Robert,

I see the same "hard bend," to slightly different degrees, on both '1's. Looking under magnification, in-hand, do these two dates really appear so different as to be the product of two different dies? To me they truly seem like the same core. But I don't know for sure.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Trevor,

If you go back to the chart and view the cores nos. 1 and 4 it will help to see the difference.

Edit: I've studied the dates, but also the swasis. The S&L swasi is just a little larger, crowding the inner beading more than the wide-frame core's swasi. I'm fairly certain the cores are from different dies.
      Last edited by robert pierce; 12-28-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Trevor,

Getting back to your original question (I'm sorry for missing that earlier), core #4 on the chart is, IMO, a wide-frame Schinkel core, yes.
        Attached Files

Comment

Trevor,

The cores, wide-flange Schinkel and S&L, are pictured below. IMO, the swasi of the S&L is just a little larger than the other. And the dates, as close as they are to being alike, are yet different somewhat. I'd like to hear your input on this. You obviously have an eye for detail.
          Attached Files

Comment

I was the one that asked about #4 in the chart , ... but you already answered that .
            Robert ; the Ek1 in post 41 ... you happen to have an 10 degree elevated side shot of the pin anchor ???

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
              I was the one that asked about #4 in the chart , ... but you already answered that .
              Robert ; the Ek1 in post 41 ... you happen to have an 10 degree elevated side shot of the pin anchor ???

Douglas
              I trust this is what you're asking for, Douglas?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post

Douglas
                Of course. I'm talking on the phone, editing photos and posting comments at the same time; multi-tasking. I need a break!

Comment

Well ... a 50/50 chance to get the right angle . What I was looking for - was the oposite combination . Tried to draw it .

Douglas
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here you are...
                    Attached Files

Comment

That will do ...
                      Pictures taken at the pin from the top are often difficult to determin the pin set used . Nice Juncker one here withall the matching features .

Douglas

Comment

Hi Robert,

Yes, I see your point. I guess they are probably from two dies, as there are differences that can't really be explained by wear or strike-depth (most noticeable, to me, is the negative space between the '1' and the '9'). But they are so close, that I would be very surprised if the one labeled S&L wasn't actually a Juncker core as well. Of course, that's just speculation based on the knack Juncker craftsmen seem to have had for consistency across frame (and core) dies. I'd like to see it in a '4' marked cross if you or anyone else has one to show.

Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

@ Trevor, how many beautiful Junckers you have !!

@ Robert, your Juncker EKI is really very nice too !!!

I have a question, can we considere Junckers all crosses with back set-up in post # 41 ? .... or , depends if the cross has a Juncker/W&L frame ?

Comment

Trevor,

I'd like to see this core in an S&L cross myself. Perhaps Douglas can provide us with a photo of this same core in an S&L frame. Douglas?

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                              can we considere Junckers all crosses with back set-up in post # 41 ? .... or , depends if the cross has a Juncker/W&L frame ?
                              I believe that any cross with this pin system and a Juncker frame is a Juncker. Some are found with W&L cores. The pin is similar, but not the same, as the common K&Q pin.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Comment

Robert : Here is one S&L core you wanted - with very nice flared flanges on the Swas and the date not the best to see , may have more pictures of others .

Douglas
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X