Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Klein & Quenzer EKII

Hello all
    I know some examples of K&Q but I 'm not sure which is the early type, is someone so gentle to show me the cross and a close up of the core if necessary ? I 've got its bag and would like to add the right EKII.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
    Hello all
    I know some examples of K&Q but I 'm not sure which is the early type, is someone so gentle to show me the cross and a close up of the core if necessary ? I 've got its bag and would like to add the right EKII.
    Thank you.
    I believe this cross is the early K&Q, the ring being unmarked. The beading and core details are very crisp. Nice black patina makes it a very attractive cross.
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse...
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice Early 65 with 1st core !

Douglas

Comment

Are there maker-marked examples like Robert's?
          George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
            Are there maker-marked examples like Robert's?
            That's a good question, George. I'll take a look through all of my '65's when I return this afternoon.

Comment

There is a possibility crosses from a well worn 1st frame die could have been marked 65 on the ribbon ring .

Douglas

Comment

"all my 65's"........I hate you.....
                I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

K&Q Iron Crosses

I liked K&Q made EK1s and EK2s so much!!!!!!! K&Q always made very excellent high-quality Iron Crosses. I owns two EK2s and silver wound badge that are made by K&Q. One EK2 is marked with #65 and another was unmarked. I am looking for a #65-marked EK1 to go with my two K&Q EKs. Thanks,James

Comment

65 marked EK1s are out there James and qiut common .

Douglas

Comment

Thanks all for comments but a special thanks to Robert for these beautiful pics.
                      It is very easy to identify an early K&Q now

Comment

I agree with Robert that the core he shows, which I call Type 1 and can be recognized by the "overhung 3," is the earliest K&Q core. They can be found marked, but not nearly as frequently as the other core-types. Also, they seem to be chemically blackened rather than painted, which I think was an early practice.

Also agree with James -- K&Qs are some of the most beautiful EKs, especially the early ones.

This one came in a green case:

Attached Files
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Of my ten K&Q EKII's I own, of which nine are marked, I find no other with the same core as the one I posted above. Of the five K&Q EKI's I own I find this core in only one of these crosses, an early unmarked cross.

Comment

Bringing this back to the top, am I correct to think my cross is an early core, K&Q, EK2?

Sorry the photos aren't quite straight-on.

Thanks for looking.

Best,
                            Toby.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Am I correct to think there are two styles of packet as well? One early and one late? The packet accompanying this cross is slightly more stylised than those I am used to for K&Q.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X