• Show
Clear All

german cross in gold

can someone tell me if this looks ok and what should be payed for this

Comment

it's OK to me. heavy #20

Comment

Maurice,

A very nice worn piece! Yes, it looks to be a good C.F. Zimmermann "heavy" version. One can just make out the known flaw in the '9' of the date, and it also looks like the star burst flaw is present at the 10 o'clock position (need close up photos of that area to confirm).

Is the underneath of the pin maker marked '20'? Might there be a 'L/52' mark hiding on the reverse under the tip of the pin?

These are things I would consider in placing a "value/cost" on the piece, along with the overall condition, whether there is any damage (not sure, but it looks like there might be evidence of a repair on the reverse around the 4 o'clock position??), etc. I certainly like the patina and the wear, and do not have a "heavy" in my collection ...

Eric

Comment

A beauty

I am saving for one of those !

Nick

Comment

heres the inside of pin what would this be worth price wise im not to sure

Comment

It appears that the catch is on a base plate and therefore it would not be a heavy example? That's how it looks to me anyway.
              Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
              Decorations of Germany

Comment

Richard,

I thought that too on the initial photo, and decided it was the pool of solder around the wire catch being directly applied - particularly in conjunction with the location and style of the "heavy" version hinge plate. But, this picture certainly makes it appear to be a plate; however neither of the plates look to be fitted into the "recess" incorporated in the "light" versions.

The easy means of answering this would be: "Maurice, can you please tell us the weight of the piece?" (~44g = light, ~67g = heavy). Or, can you show a close-up of the catch?

Maurice, I will go out on a limb and suggest a price of US$1700-2400 as a fair market value for the light versions - not sure of the "premium" for a heavy version. I think you can see a history in e-Stand of similar DKiGs selling around that range. Of course, there are prices above that and below; bottom line is: "it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay."

Eric

Comment

better pictures need . Dates, brands, a wreath, rivets.
                  The cross looks as a good copy. It is not pleasant - a wreath, a brand 20, a pin, a hook, rivets.

Comment

so can someone tell me if this is authentic or is it in question not sure by cooks reply

Comment

IMO there is something strange with this cross. The pin, the mm, the finish. Perhaps justb the lousy photos, but still.

Comment

It could be the shape of the pin, but I'd agree with Ludwig - something looks off to me on this one...

Comment

It seems like the enamal is having some small bubbel in it, and the backplate seems to be made out of steel. Atleast that is what it looks like to me. Maybe it is just the picture.

/Flemming

Comment

can someone give me some ideas what to look for on this piece to tell if its a good one or not

Comment

Originally posted by maurice2396 View Post
                              can someone give me some ideas what to look for on this piece to tell if its a good one or not
                              Check earlier posts/threads here at the WAF and compare!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X