Post war L/12's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian,

Are you just saying that L/12 marked Spanish Crosses are ALL fakes (restrikes or fantasy) or just some? Do you have examples. L/12 SCs have been sold by reputable dealers like Detlev or Bill Shea.
    This is where it gets difficult, do we have a resaon why original L/12 marked SCs should NOT exist? I think not.

Cheers, Frank
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

I just want out of this thread.

No, I'm NOT saying that. I have a beautiful L/12 marked Spanish Cross.

I have also seen long neck freak eagle L/12 fakes.

This one however, goes to the grave with me!
      Attached Files

Comment

I BELIEVE in L/12's...
        Attached Files

Comment

It is a fine art to lure Brian into posting pics of his babies!

Thanks, NOW you may leave!

Cheers, Frank
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Du hast mich gefiggelted

I just make up the German as I go...

Comment

Bist du ausgeflipt mit die L/12 mist?

Comment

Ich bin auscomplete obengemixed.

Comment

Yus guys and your German, The only word I know is the made up one for Bra...dizzlestopumfloppen
                  DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
                    Yus guys and your German, The only word I know is the made up one for Bra...dizzlestopumfloppen
                    Well my mutti would tell you are just plain ausgefartzeld!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                      "Why not". I think it's an entirely different thread that would The comment above was about L/12's and I reacted strongly to lumping RK's in that bucket and I still do for the above reasons not to mention the above statement by you about borrowing Godet's dies.
                      Sounds to me Brian that you own a L/12 RK and are very hot off the mark to defend it, mate no one is doubting the original RK's, it's everything else they produced that we are talking about here, NOT THE RK'S.

So you don't believe the comments regarding Juncker borrowing the Godet dies?

Comment

OK, I think we're all on the same page, sorry if I've been thick.

Yes, I believe they used the Godet dies. Great, we are talking GK's.

Comment

No Brian we are talking Godet borrowed dies for the RK's.

see page 466 in Gordon's 1939 EK book for the details.

Juncker used thier own dies to produce the GK postwar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
                            No Brian we are talking Godet borrowed dies for the RK's.

see page 466 in Gordon's 1939 EK book for the details.

Juncker used thier own dies to produce the GK postwar.
                            If Gordon says so, OK, just seems bizarre but no arguement about borrowed dies from me. Thanks for the clarity Dez

Comment

Now Brian carry that train of thought one step further, what is to stop Juncker churning out more badges, say EK1’s for example? Regardless if they actually did it or not. All the theories about metals changing and production and finishing techniques is clearly nonsense when you look at the above examples of Junckers handy work during this post war period. It would be interesting to know what Juncker actually did post war, I mean production of third Reich medals was very much a no no in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><ST1Germany</ST1</st1:country-region>, yet S&L clearly did it. Maybe it was something they did on the side, collector or vet walks in off the street, wants a RK, EK1, EK2, money and hand under the table. Who knows? Would be good to hear what Gordon has to say on all this.<O</O

Comment

Dez it seems that we are on the same wavelength here. That is the point I am making. Brian, please don't take offence I am not an L/12 hater, I have a lovely cased EK1 L/12 from Detlev and would be gutted if it was wrong. Can you see my point that there is some evidence to suggest that not all L/12's from Junker were made pre 1945? We may never reduce this issue to beyond speculation and personal opinion. I cannot speak with any authority outside of crosses as I do not collect war badges of any kind.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X