5 place medal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 place medal bar

I NEED OPINIONS ON THIS BAR AS THE LAST MEDAL SHOULDNT BE ON THE RIBBON( RUSSIAN FRONT RIBBON WITH A CZECH ANNEXATION MEDAL)
    THANKS
    JOHN

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=389352

A nice looking bar - and the last bar is correct; Austrian Anschluß Medal.

Comment

I do not see any red flags with this one.

Comment

Interesting you should make that mistake, John. I have a long medal bar that I purchased many years ago in Wien that had a Russian Front medal added after the bar was originally made. This medal is attached at the end, and they used an Austrain Anschluss ribbon folded in such a way that the inner edges were draped together in the middle and the outer edges were covered, making it look like a russian front ribbon. Seems like a lot of trouble when using the correct ribbon would have been easier. Could it have been that hard to locate the correct ribbon?

This of course has nothing to do with your question, but it just reminded me of that medal bar. I will get that out sometime and post some photos.

Brian and Joe, thanks for your comments on my medal bar...

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by MILITARYMAN1000 View Post
          I NEED OPINIONS ON THIS BAR AS THE LAST MEDAL SHOULDNT BE ON THE RIBBON( RUSSIAN FRONT RIBBON WITH A CZECH ANNEXATION MEDAL)
          THANKS
          JOHN

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=389352
          That's not a Ost Medal ribbion, it is the correct ribbion for the medal.

Joe

Comment

Bar looks all correct

Comment

Re

Thanks for your help
              john

Comment

There is nothing wrong with this bar. As for the comments about a bar with a different ribbon, not unheard of. I believe most taylor shops had so much ribbon but perhaps not always the right stuff, did what they could with what they had, especially as the war progressed. I would love to see that bar. Matt

Comment

I agree, nothing wrong with it. At first glance, it did seem like there was an Ostmedaille ribbon in last place, but you can make out the ribbon edge near the center, and it is indeed an Austrian anschluss medal.

Comment

in my opinion that medal bar don't has anything wrong.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X