Ek1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek1 ?

Can anyone tell who is the maker of this brass cored beauty?
    Attached Files

rev
    Attached Files

Comment

catch
      Attached Files

Comment

hinge
        Attached Files

Comment

Tis' a Souval. But, I'm not familiar with this catch.

Comment

A nice one, too.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I think the catch is replaced. You can see some solder under it I think.

Comment

The catch looks like it's on either solder or a small baseplate. Similar catches are found on Zimmermann DKs and their much rarer KVKs and WBs with DK hardware.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The catch is rather on a smaller baseplate, if it has been replaced, this is the most unusual/difficult way to replace a catch, instead of just solder it to the base?!?!?!?!??????????
                  Does it change the maker then?
                  Last edited by Lubo; 10-28-2009, 07:38 PM.

Comment

There's nothing like this catch in the pinned Souval study...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=143349&page=2

Do you see 'scarring' around the catchplate area where a repair might have been made? I see some black lines around this area in the photo.

Comment

If it has been replaced, it's a good job and very hard to notice. Still doesn't change the maker. It's just a small repair if that's what it is.

Comment

Yes,there is some scarring visible only at the lower side of the catch, probably sign for replacement, somebody did a good job

Comment

It's pretty interesting with that catch.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

This cross let me with some doubts. In my opinion core don't has the typical swaz used by Souval, I don't see date very well, could be an Orth ?
                            About back side, I dont like it all, catch was replaced as just sayd but hinge is in very high position and pin also is very long, too much for this kind, do you see the same ? Just my opinion of course.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X