• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opions on this EKI

Hi all,

just received this EKI

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=384656

The Swastika seems not as perfect as I would have thought on this award. I'll get some pics here about what I mean. Also the paint seems to strip away without much effort.

Mark

Originally posted by macca007 View Post
    Hi all,

just received this EKI

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=384656

The Swastika seems not as perfect as I would have thought on this award. I'll get some pics here about what I mean. Also the paint seems to strip away without much effort.

Mark
    It's a Souval. Quality on these pieces is all over the map. Some are quite nice, some are very shoddy. I'm not saying it's definitely wartime or postwar, good or bad, but it is almost certainly an authentic Souval-made piece.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

has it got a brass core ? as it looks like brass peeping through on the swaz !

Comment

yes I was going to mention it appears to be brass underneath.... lost my magnet as I was going to through it on there. Not an expert on them so brass means??????

Comment

[quote=macca007;3586063]yes I was going to mention it appears to be brass underneath.... lost my magnet as I was going to through it on there. Not an expert on them so brass means??????[/quote]

Brass (actually tombak) was used in early-war production crosses before regulations to use iron were issued. This is not to say that there were no tombak-cored crosses later in the war, just that the majority were manufactured early-on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X