Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKIG : Thoughts about mangled hardware

Guys,

I bought this off the e-stand recently and there were some questions about the rivets. Although Dietrich has assured me that its a pukka Zimmermann light, I'd like some opinions about what's up with the reverse hardware, there's traces of what looks like putty or some substance on the hinge and what appears to be broken off rivets.

What could have caused these things and why?

J.
    Attached Files

hinge
    Attached Files

Comment

clip
      Attached Files

Comment

Obverse
        Attached Files

Comment

side
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a resoldered hinge and at least tightened rivets, on a good cross.

I could be wrong but i think its been reassembled at some point. This because of the rivets, the off- centre swastica and some damages on the front.

There is still alot left to like in my humble opinion. I considered this one myself.

Comment

I agree, might have been repaired at some point, probably wartime repair. Nice cross though, I'd add it to my collection in a minute.

Enjoy,
              Mike

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments.

This is my first one. I would trade it for a named one in worse condition if possible but I gotta start somethere

Comment

Hard to say from the photos but the hinge has certainly been reattached. Looks like it could be heat damage to the back from fire but the front looks fine. The rivits have been smashed but I don't think the swaz has been off.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X