German Cross in Gold: Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold: Stolen

Though I guess this piece is lost into the depths of the Max Show Bandit (I heard a few articles were stolen this year), I wanted to publicize pictures of this German Cross in Gold, which was ripped from a uniform that I was displaying. Someone reached into the center of my display and twisted this off of one of my uniforms (they even tore the loops). Here are the photos. The patina pattern is pretty unique. If anybody sees this on a website, please let me know. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Next picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Last picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sad to hear that Craig...Will keep a look out!
        Cheers, Steve
        ----------------------------------------------------------------
        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Craig, That really sucks I too will keep an eye peeled for it.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks, but oh well. Funny story - at Pomona last year, a guy walked in to sell a very unique sword, which ended up belonging to the dad of two USMC Officers who sell stuff there, and were present with their dad. It was quite an amusing confrontation with the owner of the sword, who honestly seemed NOT to know it was stolen merchandise. He did the kind thing and sold it back for the price he paid, 20 years ago, for the piece. His kindness might have had something to do with the fact that he had two Marines helping him make the decision. The dad was aghast that the sword showed up after all of these years!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
              Yeah, it sucks, but oh well. Funny story - at Pomona last year, a guy walked in to sell a very unique sword, which ended up belonging to the dad of two USMC Officers who sell stuff there, and were present with their dad. It was quite an amusing confrontation with the owner of the sword, who honestly seemed NOT to know it was stolen merchandise. He did the kind thing and sold it back for the price he paid, 20 years ago, for the piece. His kindness might have had something to do with the fact that he had two Marines helping him make the decision. The dad was aghast that the sword showed up after all of these years!
              I hope you're able to recover the DKiG, but hopefully much sooner than 20 years.

Comment

the people who do that have to be put against the wall

post a shot of the damaged tunic craig

realy sad

Comment

Craig, what a shame It was a lovely cross!

Comment

The tunic damage is only the loops broken, but I will have to re-shoot the tunic for the website, so I'll try to post a picture.

Comment

Craig, does the cross have some repaired enamelling? Or is it just the glare on the picture?

Comment

sorry to hear of your loss Craig , i imagine it must be hard working a stall at a show with peoples hands picking stuff up while you might be dealing with another customer & then ...wham an items gone

Comment

It may, but I think it's just the glare and the ultra-close-up. And yes, even with a full-time assistant, it's hard. Imagine the German shows, where there is no walking room in the isles. I bet theft there is even more of a problem.

Comment

Will keep an eye out for it too . The brazeness of some people ... ! Had bought a special Juncker EK1 a few months back and it was stolen with others right out of the mail room at Weitze . The thief - as a customer just walked in and out again with a number of crosses ! Still looking for that one aswell .

Douglas

Comment

That's a terrible story!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X