Which maker EKII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which maker EKII?

Can anyone identify this EKII's maker, please?
    Attached Files

rev...
    Attached Files

Comment

OK, I've waited long enough for a response. No one wants to try to identify this cross? Well then, here's the maker mark...
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice 'Jakob Bengel' Robert! No wonder it was not recogniced, not the easiest cross to find! Looks like the crooked one you shown us before?

Comment

Yes, Carl, I believe it's the same one.

Comment

Maker 44 would have been my 18th guess !!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
              Maker 44 would have been my 18th guess !!

Comment

Actualy the first quick guess was a S&L going by the first picture only !
                Unmarked this is a quite worn S&L 2rd(3) frame die and an original 3rd core die !!! Sofar the earliest use of this core I have seen sofar !

This is one of many small makers that bought parts from S&L . Incedently the same frame type Rettenmaier L59 and many others used as well !
                Exspecialy in the case of S&L supplied parts to other makers ... many unmarked crosses will be - unintentionaly - identified incorrectly . As luck would have it ... your cross here is marked . Otherwise these crosses will just naturly be identified as a S&L EK2 . This same cross unmarked in a Bengel marked bag > 50% odds >> original set or 'married set' !
                The use of this peticular core for sale to other company is just speculation for now until I can do an indept study on them .
                Robert - here is one of your own S&L EK2s with the same frame - but wirh an S&L 2nd core .

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this cross is a marked '16' Alols Rettenmaier.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X