• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spanish cross

anyone tell me from these pics if they look real or fake

Comment

Comment

The pins looks not like something I have seen on a original SC.

But wait for others more experinced members.

/Flemming

Comment

These are postwar-assembled S&L crosses. The actual planchets may be original wartime manufacture, but the hardware is later.

Comment

so there not worth anything correct

Comment

I wouldn't say that at all. Certainly nothing close to a fully wartime made and assembled one, but not valueless either. Depends a LOT on the finish, weight, etc., which can't be told from these photos.

Comment

whats the value i was gonna possibly buy them

Comment

Impossible to say without better photos.

Comment

that 15 year ss medal if real would be worth £800!

Comment

Terry do you mean the 8 year or the 12? The 8 if real about £700 the 12 if real more like 2k! But both are clunkers unfortunately

Comment

Spanish crosses with drop tail eagles are fakes IMO. One of them seems to be marked.

jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacques View Post
                          Spanish crosses with drop tail eagles are fakes IMO. One of them seems to be marked.

jacques
                          Jacques and I disagree on this. (Actually, one of the very few things we do disagree on.)

Again, better photos are needed. If these are marked, that could be either a good or bad thing, depending on HOW they are marked. In ANY case, these were NOT assembled during the war!

P.S. The Pour le Merite ribbon is very bad.

Comment

The APB is for sure a Souval pile, and the pins on the SC's all point (no pun intended) to fakes as well.

Comment

The pins on the SC's are absolutely postwar, I agree.

To make things clear, I would buy a down-tailed cross ONLY if it's quality and manner of construction and finish was exactly equal (except for the type of eagle) to an accepted wartime version such as those made by Meybauer, Juncker or S&L, and even then I would not pay what a standard version would bring (based on the state of knowledge we have now). The vast bulk of those I have seen would not meet those criteria. I would like to see much closer of those shown here, just on the very remote chance that, except for the pins, one of them MIGHT.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X