EK1 Makers Mark 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Makers Mark 11

Nice cased EK1 I recently aquired. Interesting because it is marked 11 which makes it a Grossman & Co piece.

I know that Grossmann were manufacturering EK2's but not EK1's

Any thoughts guys....as always your views and comments much appreciated

Cheers

Joseph
    Attached Files

Pic#2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic#3
      Attached Files

Comment

Josko,

Welcome to the WAF!

Your cross looks like an early Deumer-made piece - early because of the shape of the pin.

I was sick in bed this weekend with a bad cold, so I had my laptop with me, and was looking at many, many old threads. I remember seeing a thread which discussed the "11" marked EK1s, and that the general agreement was that they are Deumers. I am unable to locate that thread now.

Comment

Yes a deumer!

Comment

There is apparently an established relationship between Grossmann and Deumer that makes some experienced collectors believe that these '11' marked EK1s are actually Grossmann pieces.

The discussion I read was on the GCA forum and can be found here.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hello,
              Nice cross and hard to find 11 marked.
              The one certainty at today is this cross was manufactured with Deumer parts and in my opinion were 11 marked not for a case..
              I think Grossmann sold EKI just assemblied and marked but nothing let me surprised anymore.. in the end I think all is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                The one certainty at today is this cross was manufactured with Deumer parts.
                Agreed
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

or late war error?

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                    or late war error?
                    I think every cross manufactured by Deumer was checked at the end of the production process so in my opinion was not an error. Too many crosses marked 11 or with a post L/ so it 's hard for me to think was a repetitive error.
                    Crosses with the post L/ were produced for Grossmann IMO but in a second time remained in Deumer hands. Just my supposition.

Comment

I think every cross manufactured by Deumer was checked at the end of the production process so in my opinion was not an error. Too many crosses marked 11 or with a post L/ so it 's hard for me to think was a repetitive error.
                      I agree.

Crosses with the post L/ were produced for Grossmann IMO but in a second time remained in Deumer hands. Just my supposition.
                      I'm not sure I understand you, Fabri. What do you mean by "in a second time" and "post L/" ?
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

Hi Trevor,
                        we have seen EKIs marked 11 and others with the same charateristics marked L/11, why ? some of them have L/ stamp that seems applied in a second time, so if it's true what is the reason ? well I 've tryed to answer but are suppositions only.

Comment

you mean that the cross first was stamped 11 and then the L/ was added?

Comment

Thank you very much gentlemen for your interesting and inforamative views on this piece....most certainly an interesting debate has come about.

Best wishes to all

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                              you mean that the cross first was stamped 11 and then the L/ was added?
                              yes, some months ago Stefan showed one of them, seems that the L/ stamp was add after the 11 stamp, there were a different pressure of the stamp.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X