Heinrich Müller's (Gestapo) Iron Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinrich Müller's (Gestapo) Iron Cross

Heinrich Müller's (Gestapo Muller) Iron Cross...WWI EK taken from Heinrich Mueller's residence by an American G.I. during last days of the war...The soldier wrote to his wife stating that this medal and a few other pins were taken by him directly from Gestapo Chief Muller's house (several soldiers were in the house and took whatever they found)...I am trying to obtain a copy of the letter from the grandson of the GI and will post any verification I find.

Now that I have your attention: my subsequent research shows Muller as having been awarded the EKII during WWI...This is a 1st Class of nice quality, but I have seen no photos showing Muller wearing the 1st class...Unless proven otherwise I have to assume that this was not Muller's even though it may have come from his home.

EK is slightly vaulted and unmarked.

Ed
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Appears to have Deumer hardware on the reverse as well.

Comment

This looks like a WW2 era cross, not a period award piece.

Comment

I'd say a 20s/30s Deumer. Deumer was perhaps the largest seller of replacement EKs, so it'd make sense that it would be a private purchase if Müller wasn't awarded it (if it's from his house, that is).
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Heinrich Müller was born in 1900 and was a teenager during that war,
            I also have a picture of him with some awards and there is no EK.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
              This looks like a WW2 era cross, not a period award piece.
              I agree, in my opinion Deumer cross manufactured during the WW2.

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                I agree, in my opinion Deumer cross manufactured during the WW2.
                I also agree. To be 100% certain, the cross dimensions should be much closer to 44mm than 43mm, keeping in mind it's vaulted.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X