Zimmerman or Godet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streptile View Post
    As would I! Notice the date on the carton?
    yes i did notice

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
      I've only seen one other example of this "early Godet" with this frame and this pin
      ...and here it is:
      Attached Files
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

and the reverse:
        Attached Files
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Comment

Very nice Trevor , you got one now ! Yours come cased with what internal numbers ?
          Similar to the one I have . Does yours have the full or partial Godet pin set ?

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
            Similar to the one I have.
            What a stunner.

Yours come cased with what internal numbers ?
            621 KB. How about yours? Or is that not what you meant? Case looks identical to yours, and to the one shown upthread that came in a Godet carton.

Does yours have the full or partial Godet pin set ?
            How can I tell?
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Comment

Case is a 621 KB with a low profile bottom that - when open - the EK1 sits raised on the bottom incert , in other words the cross sits higher than the bottom case edge ! Inside pencil mark is a very low : number 67 !

Marks Godet has a Godet pin only , the rest is Zimmerman parts . I have done a comparison Project on the Godet and Zimmerman pin sets which I will be posting .

There are even earlier Godet EK1s and 2s that are from 1939 with the same bead style and layout - how ever in a transitional WW1 frame beading size - with a Godet and Zimmermann 3rd Reich Schinkel cores . Lets hope the owner of those rare ones will post them . The existance of these also proves the partnership between Godet and Zimmermann existed prior to September 1st 1939 !

Douglas

Comment

Thanks Douglas,

Case is a 621 KB with a low profile bottom that - when open - the EK1 sits raised on the bottom incert , in other words the cross sits higher than the bottom case edge ! Inside pencil mark is a very low : number 67 !
                Mine is identical. 621 KB. Low-pro bottom. Cross sits high. Same coarse-weave hinge covering fabric. Pencil mark inside reads 70, I think -- on the case bottom, not the insert. Case in post 28, which came inside the "1940 Godet" marked carton, seems the same.

I believe my pin system is the same as Mark's. Hinge block matches my later-made L/50. Could we see the pin on your cross please?
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

Pin shape and length a bit different . A weight comparison if we can get one together . And all that have these ... can any pin or catch mounting location marks be seen on the back of any of these ? On Marks I suspect to see a positioning mark for the anchor ? There are 2 types of location markers on the back . Each maker had their own style . One fine thin cut lines positioning lines that went horizontaly across the entire back or sometimes not complete . The other type stamped short deeper positioning marks that usualy get covered up - later style .To spead up production positioning guides were used to ensured consistant placing every time .

Douglas
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X