Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK1 with maker mark "L/18" ;-)

Hello ;-)

I have found a very nice KVK1 from L/18 B.H. Mayer's.

What is your opinion?

Attached Files

To be honest I'm not sure.

In GW's KVK book there's a L/18 zinker with block hinge and broad flat square catch. Between my own files I've found the one below, thanks DN, which to me looks representive for the type with the round hinge.

The square plate under the hinge, hinge, mm and catch looks identical but pin and square plate under catch dont.

There is one more identical feature and that is the off center lower bands in the wreath which are present on both crosses as far as I can see. I'm not sure however how much to put into this, so......?
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry but the core material is not Zink!
      I'm 100% sure !!! Maybe the weight will show it !!!

Weight = 17,94 g

Comment

Originally posted by 5tefan View Post
        Sorry but the core material is not Zink!
        I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I'm trying to say that the L/18 example, that Gordon Williamson shows in his book, is a zink cross with a different setup so that is not of much use here.

I've then posted the example from DN, probably buntmetall, which I believe is a good representative of the round hinge L/18's in my files and have tried to point out what is good and bad imo.

I'm 100% sure !!! Maybe the weight will show it !!!

Weight = 17,94 g
        You're 100% sure - fine with me. I've just tried to give you my opinion as asked for. I believe Robert Pierce have one, maybe he can help with the weight.

Comment

hi,

Difficult to see material from the pics tomback or hi quality zinc ?

some measurements :
          my Zinc are 18 to 22 g and my Tombak 18 to 26g (from different makers).

my L/18 Zink is 21/22 g

Michael

Comment

Typical zinc bubbling and plates for the hardware is also a typical sign for a zincer. On bunt the hardware would be soldered directly on to the cross.
            Regards
            Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
            I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
              Typical zinc bubbling and plates for the hardware is also a typical sign for a zincer. On bunt the hardware would be soldered directly on to the cross.
              Are there any Buntmetall KVK1 for showing???

Comment

Compare the cross it self and the hardware on your cross, the only thing that really is bunt on your is the hardware. One don´t need to see a bunt cross to see that.
                Regards
                Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

KVK1 bunt

Originally posted by 5tefan View Post
                  Are there any Buntmetall KVK1 for showing???
                  ===========
                  I believe my KVK1 is buntmetal and not zinc based. The hardware is attached directly to the medal. Unfortunately, the flat clasp has been compressed to where the pin can't readily be removed.
                  Hope this helps.
                  van
                  Attached Files

Comment

KVK1 bunt

back
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Van,

i agree that your´s is a bunt cross. Nice one.
                      Regards
                      Hans N

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X