Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EK1 with maker mark "26" but not usual pin system ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 with maker mark "26" but not usual pin system ;-)

Hello;-)

Let me show your a very nice EK1 with maker mark "26" and not so usual pin system! For me it is textbook B.H. Mayer, but with this pin system ULTRA RAR!!! I hope you agree

Attached Files

!!!

Comment

Nice 26. But I'd equate it to the "L/11" without the box around it....harder to find, but not "ULTRA RARE!!!!"

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

As Hank said harder to find variant . A nice mid war cross . Truly rare is the first one they put out .

Douglas

Comment

Hi
          in my opinion your cross is good and fine, infortunately it was repainted..

Comment

Originally posted by nsdap79 View Post
            Hi
            Hmm, doesn't look repainted to me....

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I might be wrong, maybe it is the shade in the pic but from what I see it looks as repaint Could you post a pic showing the front at an angle? In the pic I marked where it seems to be painted on the edges.

Comment

I might be wrong, maybe it is the shade in the pic but from what I see it looks as repaint Could you post a pic showing the front at an angle? In the pic I marked where it seems to be painted on the edges.
                That's typical patina on the inside of the beading for Mayer crosses. Not repainted at all.

Comment

Hi nsdap79,

Stephan's crosses are always beautiful, than this cross, too.

This cross is not repainted!

Please look at these links:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ron+Core+paint

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...s+frame&page=4

...and Stephen Thomas Previtera's book: Iron Time on the 177. page

Best regards Gabor

Comment

Hi
                    Maybe you are right ;-) But if the EK1 maker, did repaint the cross, as rework?
                    Is this cross not any more an original wartime cross?

Why should a maker repaint a high level production cross?

Maybe we should ask our self, if it is possible that after an assembly process get dirt or somethink else on the black surface!

E.g. on the frosting process?

Should the maker now scrap all crosses with surface defects?

Or would you rework the cross? When you need to fulfil the requested quantity?

See a picture of a frosted EK1 of maker "26" on the left side and on the right side you see a "L/18" frosted mybe without rework or repaint?

Do you know, how much crosses was reworked or repainted? See frosted crosses from S&L / W&L and so on! They are also sometimes repainted!

Who can tell if the painting was wartime or post wartime?

I hope this are not too much question ;-) And I hope I get reliable answer to this item ;-)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 5tefan; 06-24-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Hi,

The inner core of the cross is not repainted but was typical of the manufacturing process for this and other manufacturers. Many crosses exhibit this paint on the ribbing. As has been mentioned in a previous post, Previtera's book covers the inner core painting method which accounts for the overspill. This has also been discussed here (I believe there are photos of the workers assembling the cross which shows the aforementioned procedure).

Gary B
                      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X