http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/battlefield-fi...3A1%7C294%3A50

Rusty fake,priceless...

Comment

Originally posted by PAPI View Post
      Rusty fake,priceless...
      but you missing the point, its from normandy

Comment

...but wait.... THAT'S NOT ALL.....

BUY NOW AND YOU CAN GET INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, THE OAK LEAVES WITH SWORDS HE ALSO HAS LISTED.

I have only two words for this....

SHAM WOW!!!

Comment

And if you buy in the next 20 minutes he will throw in a second one !!!
          He can't do this all day you know !!

Comment

Webster's definition of 'eBay': 'dumpsite where all commodities are sold under false pretense; a safe haven for all who sell junk to the uneducated and unknowing; a place where the honest rarely get their dollar's worth; a place to avoid, except for a good laugh now and then'.

Comment

A question of morals in practice

I'm guilty of trying to sell genuine Iron Crosses on Ebay at inflated prices; if someone is willing to pay the asking price, why not? Generally I try to get twice what I paid for an Iron Cross; if no one bites, I lower the price. I feel that Ebay is an okay place to sell at a price much higher than on WA. Naturally I prefer to sell to a knowledgeable person at a reasonable price but I'll take an uninformed sucker anytime too. Maybe it has something to do with how, after my first Iron Cross purchase, I figured out that I had been taken so I went and educated myself and haven't been ripped off since. Enforced Financial Darwinism at work...

N.B.: Fakes are another issue altogether. I think the relic in question is a real EK2 that has had the jump ring crushed sideways, its not a purported RK. Dunno about the smaller ring but who knows its story
              Last edited by AUSGANG; 06-21-2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Ausgang,

How are you getting by selling Iron Crosses on eBay? Are they 1939's? I know you're not posting photos or you would be suspended for doing so.

????

Comment

Fakes I think the relic in question is a real EK2 that has had the jump ring crushed sideways, its not a purported RK. Dunno about the smaller ring but who knows its story[/QUOTE]

I agree, no matter how I look its not a Floch, not a $hitty one piece cast. In my eyes it is a real one with the small loop twisted about 90'

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                    Ausgang,

How are you getting by selling Iron Crosses on eBay? Are they 1939's? I know you're not posting photos or you would be suspended for doing so.

????
                    I post on Ebay by not using the words"1939" or "WW2"; they have "keyword engines" that search for those words. Or I just list it as a generic "German medal" and often bargain hunters will make contact. I don't get many hits but sometimes I get a live one. Another way is to list it as denazified and only show the reverse; then in the text I direct the potential buyers to send me an email for further photos... None of these are foolproof methods, some alert P.C. meddlers will still report the listing.

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
                      I post on Ebay by not using the words"1939" or "WW2"; they have "keyword engines" that search for those words. Or I just list it as a generic "German medal" and often bargain hunters will make contact. I don't get many hits but sometimes I get a live one. Another way is to list it as denazified and only show the reverse; then in the text I direct the potential buyers to send me an email for further photos... None of these are foolproof methods, some alert P.C. meddlers will still report the listing.
                      I hope no one from ebay is reading this...

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
                        I'm guilty of trying to sell genuine Iron Crosses on Ebay at inflated prices; if someone is willing to pay the asking price, why not? Generally I try to get twice what I paid for an Iron Cross; if no one bites, I lower the price. I feel that Ebay is an okay place to sell at a price much higher than on WA. Naturally I prefer to sell to a knowledgeable person at a reasonable price but I'll take an uninformed sucker anytime too. Maybe it has something to do with how, after my first Iron Cross purchase, I figured out that I had been taken so I went and educated myself and haven't been ripped off since. Enforced Financial Darwinism at work...
                        First thought that came to my head when I read this: "What an @$$hole ."

Edit: On another thought it kind of reminds me how certain people in charge of United States financial institutions doing "Enforced Financial Darwinism" also known as the "me syndrome" or "greedy S.O.B." put the United States into a recession giving out bad loans and taking millions to billions of dollars.
                        Last edited by Stephen Stout; 06-22-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Well, I expected some criticism... but an "a$$hole"? A$$holes sell fakes...

BTW, I'm not a Republican.

I'm done with this thread....
                          Last edited by AUSGANG; 06-22-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Somebody got it for 65 quid!! Weird as long as you can get good-looking crosses at the same price!! But as long as someone is willing to pay.........

Marios

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X