Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simpel Question

Hi Fellows
    i have 2x EK 2 mm 100 with 2 different stamps,one cross with one stamp and the other cross with a different stamp.Sorry but i have no picturesmhave anybody of you seen that before??? can say that the one stamp is like it sits in a half framme and then 100 inside that,and thr other is what i will call a normal stamp.If anybody have seen that and have pictures off it,i would be happy to see them.

Mine are all incuse relief (raised stamp within a box).

Comment

I just thought of something; The stamp used on the underside of the EKI pin is incuse impressed (without a box, just a number stamp), but the numbers are too large to fit on the ring of an EKII. There's no way you can get photos of your stamps, huh?

Comment

In my experience, which is more limited than Robert's, there is just one type of stamp used by W&L for their EK2s.

One thought which occurs to me is the marked '109' mystery. As far as I know there are no 100% known marked '109' EK2s, but one interesting candidate which has surfaced has a stamp similar to what you describe, if I understand you correctly. A mis-stamped '109' could look like a '100,' I'd think.

An important question to resolve this particular mystery is: have you compared frame and core details from your second (non-incuse) EK2 to make sure they match the known '100' EK2 details? '100' marked W&Ls have very easily identifiable characteristics, which a forum search should turn up for you.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
          In my experience, which is more limited than Robert's, there is just one type of stamp used by W&L for their EK2s.

One thought which occurs to me is the marked '109' mystery. As far as I know there are no 100% known marked '109' EK2s, but one interesting candidate which has surfaced has a stamp similar to what you describe, if I understand you correctly. A mis-stamped '109' could look like a '100,' I'd think.

An important question to resolve this particular mystery is: have you compared frame and core details from your second (non-incuse) EK2 to make sure they match the known '100' EK2 details? '100' marked W&Ls have very easily identifiable characteristics, which a forum search should turn up for you.
          Good point Trevor,

A comparison is needed. Boy, you really dug to find this old thread. I only wish that mark was more complete/discernable. Postwar? ...Still a mystery.

Comment

thank you for the answers untill now,tommorow i will try to see if i can take some pictures of them.

Comment

so gentlemen
              i have done my best,i found one more different thing with the crosses,the one have a hump where the little ring is weldet on,not the other,but the core ,frame,svastica numbers(1939) is indentical with the one here on WA.

here is the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerner View Post
                so gentlemen
                i have done my best,i found one more different thing with the crosses,the one have a hump where the little ring is weldet on,not the other,but the core ,frame,svastica numbers(1939) is indentical with the one here on WA.

here is the numbers.

Comment

Hi.

I believe that your crosses both have the same well-known '100' stamp, and that they are just slightly differently struck.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                    Hi.

I believe that your crosses both have the same well-known '100' stamp, and that they are just slightly differently struck.
                    Thank you that was what i thougt,but was not sure.But anyway thank you for the help.

Comment

Both marks look fine to me and if both crosses bear characteristics of Wachtler & Lange then you can rest easy!

Comment

Interesting thing about this W&L marking . The company seams though did try a different larger raised maker mark 100 that - as can be seen from the attempt on the cross below - did run into alot of problems . I have only seen one other much better example of this but was unsuccessful in getting it . Not sure where the mm stamp was taken from ???? It seamed to require a flat surface first . Not sure if this was an all in one strke effort to achieve this or a 2 stage marking , which would have been very time consuming ??? For this larger mark to take or be ledgable required a flat surface . On a round surface you would only end up with this ; l ll ll ... more or less a bunch of lines . From the length of the flattened ring surface on both sides - about 1/5 th of the ring surcomfrance - alot more than the mark ever needed - ... it had to be a 2 stage marking attempt . And also remember the ring is already attched to the cross ! One miss and it's junk . Being on a hot weld may have helped to flatten the ring with less force as an allready cold weld would just have broke open .

Douglas
                        Attached Files

Comment

And the front side : The best I can due and it barely shows the depressions of the zero centers :
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Douglas

very interesting things to read,i can tell the one off my crosses have not this Jump to weld the litle ring on.But all W&L features is there i have compared with all picture her on WAF,for me is it a mysterium

Comment

Originally posted by Gerner View Post
                              Hi Douglas

very interesting things to read,i can tell the one off my crosses have not this Jump to weld the litle ring on.But all W&L features is there i have compared with all picture her on WAF,for me is it a mysterium
                              Great work by Douglas again, can you post a pic of the cross(es) Gerner?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X