• Time
  • Show
Clear All

3. No maker mark on the EK1?
    Attached Files

Comment

Run !

Comment

The reverse of one of my genuine Souvals...

(wait for the obverse)
        Attached Files
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

...and the obverse of the same cross:

Tell you something?
          Attached Files
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Comment

What I can't figure, is the Heer Visor, which is posted now on the forum along with the assult badge are all good. These were all aquired from the family of the vet???? Overall I got a great deal anyways, thanks for your comments.

Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Spagg199th View Post
              What I can't figure, is the Heer Visor, which is posted now on the forum along with the assult badge are all good. These were all aquired from the family of the vet? Overall I got a great deal anyways, thanks for your comments. Sal
              Well, the general trend of opinion here, including mine, is that your EK was manufactured by Souval, a licensed Third Reich maker, after the war. It is just possible that the original recipient of the award needed to replace his (lost?) original to go along with his visor and assault badge, and bought this one "unofficially" sometime after May 1945. It is also possible that we are all wrong here. I'm being quite serious. This pinback style may indeed have been in use in the last months of the war, I suppose. I don't really know.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Comment

The pin sets are different , pin shape and catch size .

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                  The pin sets are different , pin shape and catch size .

Douglas
                  Right you are. Thanks! We should compare obverse frames, perhaps? The thread-starter does appear to have a Souval core.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Comment

Trevor, the vet was a WW B24 Pilot, shot down (I have proof of this) over German, POW until the end of the War. Stationed in Germany until 1948..Continued his career until 1952. Ten years in the USAAF-USAF. Could have picked it up between 1945-48 to go with the assualt badge?
                    Sal
                    Last edited by Spagg199th; 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spagg199th View Post
                      Trevor, the vet was a WW B24 Pilot, shot down (I have proof of this) over German, POW until the end of the War. Stationed in Germany until 1948..Continued his career until 1952. Ten years in the USAAF-USAF.
                      Sal
                      Oh, so this group was acquired from a US vet, not the original German recipient of the awards?
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                        Oh, so this group was acquired from a US vet, not the original German recipient of the awards?
                        That's correct.
                        Sal

Comment

Hi Sal : You asked about my reply . Just looking at the pin set now :
                          Even though only a 99% match ... just every time I see pin anchors with catches like that - flat or round - I get a scary feeling !
                          Here are 2 examples out of the Forum's Fake Galery that made me use that word . Souvals can be tricky ... whats post war or not .

Douglas
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X